Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Operator Rip-Offs

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭roykeane16

good4 u m8:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

speaking about Meteor. the free texts, is that only on pre pay or does it also include bill pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

I think this poll is a little misleading

There are only rip off merchants if u let them rip u off

Me personally I changed from Pre pay vodafone to bill pay 02 and im paying cheaper rates overall monthly bill only €45 and i use it modertly to call friends txt and even work related things

I think the whole reason ppl get ripped off by mobile phone operators is because they do not examine the packages properly and do not work out their average usage and so their average bill

callcosts.ie does it for u now use ur last bill for comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

I've been on 3 now for almost a year. I never use any of the 3g features and tbh with both the internet both at home and in work I can't ever see myself needing them. Their phones are also bigger than normal phones which a lot of people won't like. I don't think 3g will kick off like the telecoms seem to think it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I'm on Meteor and I signed up about 2 years ago so still have free Meteor to Meteor texts. All my friends signed up to Meteor around that time so that makes a lot of difference with how much I end up paying. I also am still on the 9c a minute tariff to other Meteor phones. I can't believe how cheap it is when I go back to Ireland. I live in the UK and am on O2 here. The prices are extortionate. It costs 75p for your first 3 minutes of a call. I'm on prepay. I can't wait to get back to Ireland and have €5 credit last me about as long as £10/£20 lasts me in the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

My main phone is supplied by work so I use Vodafone RTG for my cameraphone . MMS get through quickly etc and regarding roaming it is the best of all the operators - no pre-approval and you can send picture messages on all their partner networks. I was surprised to see that this wasn't possible on O2 (not surprised with meteor). The Passport makes roaming cheaper as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

tony o'reilly in the sunday times has said he wants to make meteor the ryanair of the mobile industry. not a good thing.

Yeah just like he did with Waterford Crystal and Chorus!:mad:

Advertisement