Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New version of BitTorrent

• 31-07-2005 8:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I got the latest version of BitTorrrent last night (4.0.3) but I can't see how you know how much you've uploaded. The old version (which stopped working for me) showed the ratio of uploads to downloads and I would stop the torrent at about 2 or 3. I don't see anywhere on the new version for this, and the FAQ isn't helpful.

Anyone using this version that knows what I'm looking for?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭wanwarlock

why don't u use azureus instead? much better interface + u can control uploads etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Get BitComet.

You have even more contol of what you download with it than with azureus(I have both and end up using Bitcomet most of the time).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Thanks, both. I've used these and more in the past and found I get the most reliable dls from BT, so I'm not going to stop using it for a while, but the absence of the little smiley face to show my upload ratio is disconcerting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

i whould have thought the reliablity of the downloads would be down to the trackers you use. i use azureus at home and in work up untill i was called when some firewall maintence was taking place :(

Advertisement