Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leap and Com1 or other alternative Wireless ISP's

• 31-07-2005 12:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭

Leap and Com1 or other Alternative Wireless ISP's

Hi All,

I would like to know if anyone out there has experienced these two ISP's wireless Broadband.
    I email both providers last week about prices and coverage but I have not received any email from them yet. Their websites aren’t detailed at all,

I am looking for the following information
    Coverage in Galway
    Bandwidth and Cost
    Installation details

I have never heard them advertise there products so it would be interesting to see what kinda service they offer

I have herd reports of people being connected in Galway up to 12km from there base station. But at what cost?

No need to mention IBB as we all have heard enough from them.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

people in Kilcolgan and Kinvara are connected from Tonabrocky. (Hill north of Knocknacarra)

It works well but it is costlier than IBB , certainly to install .

Clearwire are also due to launch in Galway shortly but will not have the same range.

Irishwan is busy here and there .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭PlasmaFish

Hi I emailed Clear wire and they got back to me today. with this, they say they are now avalible in Galway.
      Activation fee of €39.95, (applies to both products) with the:
      -1MB COSTING 24.95 P/MONTH for first 3 months / 39.95 p/month after.

-2MB COSTING 34.95 P/MONTH for first 3 months / 49.95 p/month after.

Clearwire
      Freedom

Download 1MB

Upload 128KB

Download cap 10GB
      Contention
      10:1
      Contract 12 Months

Performer

Download 2MB

Upload 256KB

Download cap 20GB
      Contention
      10:1
      Contract 12 Months

Clearwire is currently available in Galway, (limited sites), Also we do support VOIP,
      It's a pitty about the VoIP, but i reckon it would work on the 2Mb service as 256kb upload should be enough

Advertisement