Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheesecake

• 31-07-2005 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭

does anyone have cheeseless cheesecake recipes, all the ones i can find online contain cheese (yuck)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

lol u dont put cheese in cheese cake :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭crazy_dude6662

actually you do in some cheese cakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

I though you *always* put cheese in cheese cakes?
    Cream cheese like philedelphia or fancy italian stuff like marscapone?
    Tried the BBC/food site?
    Not bothered look =ing through all of them, but *one* of them's bound to be similar to waht you're looking for http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/search/results.pl?scope=food&q=cheesecake&x=0&y=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

The old Mix Beat and Pour on Philedelphia works well but contains cream cheese

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

I have never seen a recipe for cheesecake without cheese, the one I use has cottage cheese in it, but if you're worried about the taste it isn't noticably cheesy, if I'm being in any way clear...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭crazy_dude6662

okay well can i have some cheese cake recipe that has cheese then????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Heh thats odd then i have the odd slice of cheesecake when im out somewhere or whatever. Then again im only used to the cheescake mix that you get from tesco :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

I had a cheesecake the other day, it had no cheese in it. It was luverly!

Irish coffee cheesecake, made with cream, whiskey, coffee, melted marshmallows (yummy) and some other stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Okay, unless you guys are talking about a cake as in a sponge cake type cake, cheese cake does not normally contain any amount of cheese noticable to the eater.

IE - it will taste sweet and fancy! If you ever taste cheese in a cheescake, something is drastically and horribly wrong.

Advertisement