Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the world champs

• 31-07-2005 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

*how will the irish do?

*cant see any medals coming home unless every other athlete preforms very badly -(just trying to be realistic), but which irish athlete will do the best?

*is nolan past it or will we see a good run from him and maybe a place in the semi's or will he be left behind in the race???

*outside ireland who's going to bring home the golds???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I hope some of the Irish do themselves proud. I know it's tough enough just to qualify. I hope O'Keeffee and O'Rourke get records, as they are capable of doing, and Shinkins does well, as the powers that be didn't see fit to finance her.

Outside of the home talent, I expect Justin Gatlin, Kenenisa Bekele, Yelena Isinbayeva and maybe the home-grown Javelin star, Tero Pitkamaki, to be the headliners.

Some clashes to look out for: Liu Vs Doucouré in the 110mh, Spearmon V Gatlin V Bolt in the 200m, possibly Kluft V Barber in the heptathlon.

Whaddyall think?

Advertisement