Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WordPress and corporate site

Options
  • 31-07-2005 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am no webmaster :p so I did go after something easy to use and customise to create a corporate website - WordPress. I am not an art kinda :rolleyes: person too, so I stick to the default template but I changed a bit of the header and colour theme. I tried not to be a minimalist but this is so called final result :

http://kumpulannada.com

What could I have change more? Comments and critics are welcomed, perhaps with a little bit of technical guidance in layman terms. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Turn on static pages.

The header images seems pixelated.

You might also want to look into some of the wordpress plugins for making it more of a CMS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

thanks blacknight

yes i'm looking into static page and more plug-in. i have no contents yet, the company is preparing. the point of hvg wordpress is so that i can let the company changes whatever contents they want to with only little help of mine.

anyway, on the header graphic, i update it and put some more illustrations. i use GIMP which i never really use before. a bit of struggle. i can see the pixelated graphic on lower resolution display, i'm not sure how to work around for fading effect on lower res. maybe the crowd in Photoshoppage could give some hints.

thanks a lot! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You may also need to hack the sidebar.php template a bit to make it look more like a site and less like a CMS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

yeah... i've been all day playing with sidebar.php especially getting the side menu more corporate look.... no progress to this moment, i couldn't be any creative at all... will spend more time and look around other corporate sites...maybe that will gimme some ideas.

i also plan to put up few photo thumbnails as part of the footer. not sure if moving thumbnails will leave a good impression. i think the site needs more colours, it looks like a graveyard at the moment! i also think that Meta thingie should go away too. wat do u say?

Advertisement