Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pi banned?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

oh do stop whinging and shut up.

it amazing how many people get all offended because they get a ban for being stupid (yes, not reading the charter is an act of stupidity), and then spout off about how crap boards is and how **** the mods are how no one knows anything at all about whatever situation. except of course you. you know all.

except you dont. youre boring. youre like every other 15 year old that comes on here and complains.

I love you White Wash Man :)

Seriously though, I think we all went through that phase where we were ALWAYS right, and those responsible were wrong, etc etc...the joys of childhood.

And about his ridiculous accusations, everyone is allowed have a bit of fun and joking provided its seen as in good taste by all parties and forms part of a generally constructive input elsewhere. Stop getting your underwear in a twist!

Maybe he's now looking for a feedback ban.... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Coolésin

I cant find anything to do with spam or advertisment in the PI charter..on the other hand there are several warnings about posting without thought or concern..

So...about this 'act of stupidity'...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Try looking at the boards faq.

The whole site is a no spam posts & no advertising posts zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Cool&#233 wrote: »
    I already mentioned in the original post that I didnt mind it being moved I just thought it would be best suited there..Im not really bothered about the banning I just find the effort(better word?) put in by some of the PI Mods is lacking,he could have edited it,moved it..no,he straight out bans me totally from PI and deletes the thread..
    I'll take the time out to tell you why but I get to put it bluntly, probably too bluntly.

If mods have to jump around moving retarded posts that basically constitute spam to some undefined location it's going to take up a lot of their time. Crap tends to expand to fill the available time so adding more mods isn't a solution even if the admins felt that they should do that to accommodate the irrelevant crap that people occasionally post.

Hence, it's perfectly simple. Where a user hasn't been around a long time and starts posting unadulterated rubbish early on, it's easier to hand the user a slap than a happy "no, no my child" face (I'm thinking more of the dumbasses who come here with pyramid schemes and getrichquick schemes but anything at all spammy will do for our purposes here). Most of the time the decision turns out to be correct and the user continues to post irrelevant unwanted crap all over the place. Occasionally the user turns out to be a valued contributor to the community. In the first case, the user doesn't get to care as they're site-banned eventually, in the second the user doesn't care as they become a part of the community and tend to see why being harsh on spam is a good thing.

Now, you might be unaware, because most of the time the posts are probably deleted before you get to see them, but there's a serious amount of people out there trying to sell something here, advertise something here, spam something here and who don't see the problem because it's "just a few posts" from them. Your post looks just like that. It's irrelevant spam regardless of whether you intended it that way or not. If you'd posted it on any board I moderate, you might have received a ban from there for posting it. It it had been your first post on boards you might have received a site-wide ban for it.

If you're not bothered about the forum ban, stop complaining/moaning about it (you are still complaining/moaning about it by the way even if it's a purported complaint about harshness on others in some rather obvious Munchausen-by-proxy syndrome tactic). As for the post itself, it deserved to be deleted because it was spammy crud. I'm rather disappointed if you genuinely can't spot it as a sales pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Coolésin

First of all,I've been around for the last 5 years and I only made this account to dodge an AH ban(suppose I'm fuggered now,oh well),and as postcount means nothing to me I didnt mind just ditching my main account :p ..

Secondly,have you even read the thread or just assuming that it actually was an advertisement or spam? I posted it with sincerity and hope that it would benefit alot of the users on PI as half the posts are about shy guys wanting to know should he make a move on a girl that he knows..

I suppose that I was a bit silly not advertisment scanning the article before posting,but I didnt think that a way of contacting the Author or references from where the Author got his information would be considered spam.. I guess I was wrong..

I guess the main reason I was bothered(yes I was,no denying it..even though I do think the forum is a bit of a joke sometimes) is that I really was trying to help out and genuinely thought it was more benefitial than most of the advice these people are given and the only thank you I got was a perm ban from the forum..And led me to thinking,well obviously anything that can be considered spam,is spam and that the charter(even though there is nothing against spam in it) is taken seriously and any breach of the charter would result in a ban..Then why does this not apply to all?

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Cool&#233 wrote: »
    Secondly,have you even read the thread
    Me? Yes.

Advertisement