Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6680 Question

Options
  • 31-07-2005 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

Can anybody tell me how to convert a .mp3 file into .acc so I can transfer it to the Nokia 6680 via Nokia PC Suite. Or is this possible?
    Or how do you put a MP3 file onto the mobile so I can use it as a ringtone? Only got the phone today and trying to do this.

Cheers!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

dBpowerAMP will let you convert to whatever format you like.

I know with the 6630, playing mp3 ringtones was a feature disabled by Vodafone. It sounds like they've done the same with the 6680. It can be fixed by having the phone flashed with the generic firmware at a nokia service point, although this will also clear all of the vodafone customized settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

MrPinK wrote:
    It can be fixed by having the phone flashed with the generic firmware at a nokia service point, although this will also clear all of the vodafone customized settings.

Anyone on boards got that done? Any other advantages of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

MrPinK wrote:
    dBpowerAMP will let you convert to whatever format you like.

Thanks MrPinK for the info, got that working!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Trev C

I have the 6680 from vodafone. I just copied an mp3 file over using Phone Suite file transfer and set it as ring tone, worked no problems.

Trev C wrote:
    I have the 6680 from vodafone. I just copied an mp3 file over using Phone Suite file transfer and set it as ring tone, worked no problems.

Fair play to ye!! Nice one! Worked for me too!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mobileplaza

why convert the mp3 to acc ?

just install the nokia pc suite thats on the provided cd in the box. from the nokia pc suite manager click the "Transfer Music" icon. job done..

make sure u dump your tunage to the mmc though!

why convert the mp3 to acc ?

just install the nokia pc suite thats on the provided cd in the box. from the nokia pc suite manager click the "Transfer Music" icon. job done..

make sure u dump your tunage to the mmc though!

I realised that after. How do u check the memory on the actual mobile instead of the MMC? Where do ye buy the MMC cards with more memory?

Another question...is it possible to view your vodafone mail on the fone instead of having to log onto the vodafone website? If so how do u do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

I got mp3's on the phone via pc suite no bother ...

was looking for a bigger memory card 512mb seems to be the biggest has any one seen a 1gb for sale anywhere ?

I'm looking at this on http://www.mobymemory.com
    512MB MMCMobile RS DV (Dual Voltage) MMC card.
    (including MMC adapter)

NEW - Great value on MMCMobile for Nokia 6630 & Nokia 6680 / 6681!
    512MB MMCMobile (Super High Speed cards), built to the new specification format, which gives you added future-proofing. Largest currently available for Nokia 6680,

would this work ?Doesn't mention dual voltage anywhere.

1Gb Reduced Size MultiMedia Card (RS-MMC) - GoldFlash BMC-RS01G
    Gold Label High Speed Reduced Size MultiMedia Card RS-MMC for ultra-compact digital devices. Weight 1g, Dimensions 18x24x1.4mm. Includes adapter making this card compatible with all MMC/SD compatible devices. 50% smaller than standard MMC cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

stephen p wrote:
    I realised that after. How do u check the memory on the actual mobile instead of the MMC? Where do ye buy the MMC cards with more memory?

try www.komplett.ie
    or www.shop4memory.co.uk (irish compnay)

• Advertisement
Advertisement