Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

where can i get......

• 31-07-2005 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Does anyone know where to buy those grey baggy bottoms that can be worn with dubes?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Coolésin

i think you mean sweatpants...

what does CK stand for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 *Princess CK*

Coony-Kelly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

You can get those like everywhere, Penneys, Dunnes, pretty much any sports shop and all those cheapy shops like No Name/Miss Moneypenny etc! Did you not look around at all, how you can miss them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

ew. Tracksuit bottoms and Dubes. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

You could probably construct them out of old grey towels. You'd need a lot though. Maybe try stealing some sails. =D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Yeah they got em in dunnes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Seconded :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭curliq

Originally Posted by rainbow kirby
    ew. Tracksuit bottoms and Dubes.

Seconded

thirded.

but whatever floats your boat. you can get them anywhere anyways, or as pfm says, make them. no-one else would have the same!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

*giggles* Oh, some people are so odd-looking...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

They're called manpants

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 yousowould

roysh, so basically like, dubes are the sacred shoe of the affluent.

so stay away you complete skobie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

O Neills make em for guys, pet. If you're a size 10 or 12, buy a mens medium, just the right bagginess! I have them!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    O Neills make em for guys, pet. If you're a size 10 or 12, buy a mens medium, just the right bagginess! I have them!!

You wear mens trousers?

yousowould wrote:
    roysh, so basically like, dubes are the sacred shoe of the affluent.

so stay away you complete skobie

That newspaper columnist has a lot to answer for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

But they look terrible together in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Oh please please do not wear them, that is the worst trend ever, it really is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ravenhead

ok ... can someone enlighten me what the hell are dubes??? :confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

these are dubes

Clickity click!

oh and no way are they suppose to be worn with tracksuit bottoms

orla wrote:
    these are dubes

Clickity click!

oh boaters ... on god NO!!!!!!!! They should never be worn with anything other than a school uniform & a black pants if you work on your feet all day ..
    CK Where is your sence of fashion???????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

i have seen a girl where them with apair of oneill tracksuit bottoms and i thought it looked well tbh ,

• Advertisement

Sarge wrote:
    i have seen a girl where them with apair of oneill tracksuit bottoms and i thought it looked well tbh ,

How are you allowed to post on this forum??? :p:p:p
    No really are you serious???? I've never seen anyone wearing them like that, It must be a Dublin thing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

orla wrote:
    these are dubes

Clickity click!

Oh they are pretty bad alright, they were in fasion about 10 years ago. I thought we were talking about the trend of wearing baggy grey dunnes stores tracksuit bottoms with the arse hanging low and lovehandles over the side, worn with brown booties with the furry insides, AND!!!!!! the tracksuit bottoms are tucked into the boots! ( :eek:_*_*_ ) thats supposed to be a smiley face pukeing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Well basically im really into my fashion and clothes and i would notice the clothes fashion of women before approaching them , but one day i was working

tis girl

early 20's late teens
    wearing a hoody top and o neills bottoms with them shoes , it looked really well i remember it cos ive never seen it before

Sarge wrote:
    early 20's late teens
    wearing a hoody top and o neills bottoms with them shoes , it looked really well i remember it cos ive never seen it before

Bloody hell, someone actually LIKES this. I always have trouble not giggling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

rsynnott wrote:
    Bloody hell, someone actually LIKES this. I always have trouble not giggling.

Yes. A LOT of people like this!!! :eek:

It's the uniform of the D4 airheads in 1st Arts in UCD.

It's the uniform of the D4 airheads in 1st Arts in UCD.

Urgh, set fire to them immediately.

Oh, I will. Trust me.

Oh, I will. Trust me.

Will? WILL? I SAID IMMEDIATELY!

:)

• Advertisement

Yeah. it's a D4/Southside thing. It doesn't look good in my opinion. I'm into fashion but not following fashion. Most of the chicks you see rocking the dubes and dirty tracksuit are just following what some other spa wears.

Wxcuse me, they are NOT dirty. They're just oversized and grey.

SexyD4Lady wrote:

So the "Sexy" in your name only applies if one happens to have a dogdy tracksuit and hilarious shoe fetish, then? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭drunkenfool

anyone who wears dubes should be put in a concentration camp.

so basically, roysh, its time i, like, make myself clear to all you utter Skobies. (cept SexyD4lady, obviously)

Roysh, like, Affluence is the key here.
    All you Mutts from Bray and God knows where the Fock else, should be, like, Forcefully Repelled from buying Dubes even if you scrape enough Lids together from, like, Re-mortgaging your Council houses to make the purchase.

And, like, the Jogging pants/ Dubes combo only becomes, Total Muttwear, and im talking Totally here, if you are a Bet Down Skobe without the Shekels to splash a Pink Ralph over the Top Tens to finish the look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

too focking right man...*high five* :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Birdie

orla wrote:
    these are dubes

Clickity click!

There not supposed to be worn Full stop!! except in exceptional circumstances ie. on a deck! :D

yousowould wrote:
    so basically, roysh, its time i, like, make myself clear to all you utter Skobies. (cept SexyD4lady, obviously)

Roysh, like, Affluence is the key here.
    All you Mutts from Bray and God knows where the Fock else, should be, like, Forcefully Repelled from buying Dubes even if you scrape enough Lids together from, like, Re-mortgaging your Council houses to make the purchase.

And, like, the Jogging pants/ Dubes combo only becomes, Total Muttwear, and im talking Totally here, if you are a Bet Down Skobe without the Shekels to splash a Pink Ralph over the Top Tens to finish the look

Hmm, does the newspaper character misuse capitals like this? Reads like a 19th century Bible parable about stupidity...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Oh, I will. Trust me.

think services may have a word to say about that but throw them a doughnut from 911 and its all forgiven

Seriously goys, we don't rip the piss out off people who choose to wear all black and white make up and HUGE boots- that's up to them. And if we did, they'd all be like "Do not go there. I'll possess you and eat your soul". So leave our THINGS alone and we won't offend anyone else, alrighty?

thats not funny..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭drunkenfool

you make me puke

She just makes me laugh tbh. D4heads in general do.

nah but yousowould's schtuff is actually funny to read,whereas sexyd4lady realised it was funny and thought she could pull off something similar,and failed :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I went to the gaelteacht and all the D4 type people went around in doobs big baggy grey or navy track suit bottoms with tight designer t-shirts with little handbags that could barley fit a matchstick in.oh and they all sucked soothers(confusing).it acctually looked ok but the soothers annoyed me

My dears, I'm sure you'll realise that if you look at my profile, I have been a member longer than that other D4 dude. Therefore I am not copying him. Also, I was not trying to be funny about the goth thing, that's just what would happen. They're defensive about their image, as am I so they can't dish it out and expect not get it back and then when they do, tell people they make them puke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

You can try to laugh at goths all you want, but they're style personified compared to people that wear grey sweatpants and dubes. *shudder*
    You'll grow out of it :p

I went to the gaelteacht and all the D4 type people went around in doobs big baggy grey or navy track suit bottoms with tight designer t-shirts with little handbags that could barley fit a matchstick in.oh and they all sucked soothers(confusing).it acctually looked ok but the soothers annoyed me

Probably some sort of perverts.

(Or, more realistically, the bastard offspring of that silly newspaper character and a raver)

SexyD4Lady wrote:

Most of the time they are dirty as the wearers let them drag on the ground, hence they get dirty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

O'neills & dubes do look well together, and besides, dubes(or decks in general) are probably the most comfortable shoes you're ever likely to wear.
    Was walking through Tallaght village one day(don't ask!), saw three girls walking 2 rottweiliers or whatever those disgusting things are and a pitbull, so quite obviously they were total knackers, however, they were wearing fake o'neills, dublin ****ing gaa tops and dubes :eek: ...safe to say it turned me off wearing dubes ever again!
    Goths are so not style personified!Black jeans tucked into like high leather boots and then a black t-shirt with the ugly faces of some freak band, and then the black trench coat...who are trying to look like?that guy out of the matrix?and they've always bad haircuts....and all the girls are ugly.

Oh and yousowould is just some knacker having a laugh by the way...hi-larious :rolleyes:

Oh and whoever was looking for the grey school pants, Sisley @ BT2 do nice plain grey womens trousers.

so basically, roysh, quick as a flash i go;

im a Skobie? wouldnt catch me walking around Tallafornia my man. but basically, roysh, maybe ill drive through some day.

ill be the goy in the, like, the big fock-off Beamer shouting, Affluence! Affluence!

• Advertisement
Advertisement