Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

where can i get......

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

More like you'll be the guy over at the social services centre collecting his social welfare!

like, come on, you're idea of "smug" is standing on DNS with "50 unstolen lids"....50 bills?oh how affluent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Heeheehee...

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

This thread is an awfully good argument for more death camps.

yousowould, you come across as a guy who has read Ross O Carroll Kelly too many times and likes to pretend he's Ross! Be youself, babe- would really like to see what you're like as a person... ;)

Yeah considering half his posts are just slightly modified quotes from the books.
    I reckon he's like 13 years old, considering he thinks he's well off with 50 bills in the "old chinos",so if they're old, he obviously can't afford to replace them!
    Well, i suppose, RL chinos are like €80 and he's only got €50, suppose he'd better ask the rents for like an advance on his pocket money or something!

rb_ie, you never cease to make me laugh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

rb_ie, you never make me laugh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I work in Dunnes in the mens department and there has been tonnes of girls coming in looking for the baggy tracksuit bottoms. I tell them that we have womens ones but they say that "the mens ones are better".

One day I got so pissed off because one girl wanted to know if she could bring a pair back if they were to big - the girl in question was quite small (size 8-10) and i said yeh that was no problem bla bla and that the trousers would most likely be too big as they were a medium mens size. I said i'd hope to be seeing her soon because I dreaded to think that anyone would go out in a pair of trousers that were way to big and made their arse look massive.

She laughed and said it was fashionable. I asked her to get me a fashion magazine and point out where it said this was fashionable and I'd give her €20 to buy another pair

She said that it wouldnt be a problem..

She didn't come back yet and that was a week ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    yousowould, you come across as a guy who has read Ross O Carroll Kelly too many times and likes to pretend he's Ross! Be youself, babe- would really like to see what you're like as a person... ;)
    hee hee!! i got that too!!!

i've just actually read ALL of the posts on this thread and i just have to say....LEAVE D4's ALONE!!!!!! ffs if u dont like the way we dress or the way u all perceive we act, then that's ur problem! Quit complaining and get on with ur own lives...u've obviously nothing better to be doing than "trying" to rip the p!$$ out of people who live in the Dublin 4 area...and we're not the only people who carry off these trends like manpants and dubes...i woz in limerick the other day and they dressed the same! Plus my cousins in cork wear o'neills and dubes the WHOLE time!

Oh GOD. :eek:

...Mmmmhmmm.... Abercrombie, no offence pet, and I speak from experience here (rb_ie will tell you); DON'T HAVE LITTLE OUTBURSTS ABOUT D4NESS AGAIN- YOU WILL BE EATEN ALIVE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

*readies fangs*

Rofl

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    DON'T HAVE LITTLE OUTBURSTS ABOUT D4NESS AGAIN- YOU WILL BE EATEN ALIVE.

thank you :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Problem with her argument, is most if not all D4's aren't from D4... :D I used to live in the very heart of D4, and there was none of it. At all!

Personally, I'd never go near dubes, but whatever you're into!

As for the baggies becoming a trend, I remember getting alot of stick for wearing baggy trousers when I was younger from the same people that like their O'Neills tripe now! But I'm not one to judge, lol! :) Typical, I'm just ahead of the times! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    yousowould, you come across as a guy who has read Ross O Carroll Kelly too many times and likes to pretend he's Ross! Be youself, babe-

oh the irony!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭drunkenfool

the only d4 head that are caught wearing dubes theses days without being shot, are all little 14 year old girls. even all the "d4" heads around ucd wouldnt be caught dead wearing them. They're completely out of fashion, and they are quite possibly the uglyiest shoes ever, and anyone that ive ever known to wear them are compelte tossers, so little girls sort it out. and o'neill tracksuit bottoms? wtf, ahhh!!!

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    ...Mmmmhmmm.... Abercrombie, no offence pet, and I speak from experience here (rb_ie will tell you); DON'T HAVE LITTLE OUTBURSTS ABOUT D4NESS AGAIN- YOU WILL BE EATEN ALIVE.
    yeah ok *shuts up*

but u hve to admit it sparks off a whole other argument

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

* ducks and assumes the cover position

sshhhhh.

abercrombie, ye are a fookin lil poshy bitch. Yer nuttin buh a snob, roy, n I swear, if i ever see yizzer face in towin, I'll fookin clattaw ye. I swear. Woud't walk arowind wit dem stchupeh shooiz on ye eeedaw, ye just look... stchupeh. I dont know wha yizzer fookin beef is wi us on de nort soyid, roy, buh i swear, if i ever see yizzer fookin ugly face, I'll kill ye. Roy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

lol :)

:eek:

2/15

Stop makin stchupeh fookin faces at me or I'll go inteh TK MAxx an fookin kell YEW as well. Snob.

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    abercrombie, ye are a fookin lil poshy bitch. Yer nuttin buh a snob, roy, n I swear, if i ever see yizzer face in towin, I'll fookin clattaw ye. I swear. Woud't walk arowind wit dem stchupeh shooiz on ye eeedaw, ye just look... stchupeh. I dont know wha yizzer fookin beef is wi us on de nort soyid, roy, buh i swear, if i ever see yizzer fookin ugly face, I'll kill ye. Roy.
    right.....

:rolleyes:

this is fun...carry on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

My mate said she would never talk to me again if I got a pair of dubes!WTF!
    Who cares its just a pair of shoes.acctually no i'll take that back everyone I know would think I'm a freak if I wore dubes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 *Princess CK*

My mate said she would never talk to me again if I got a pair of dubes!WTF!
    Who cares its just a pair of shoes.acctually no i'll take that back everyone I know would think I'm a freak if I wore dubes.

yes, well you are clearly from the northside so do us all a favour and stay away from the dubes!

I am but most of my friends aren't and they are the ones that hate dubes.
    By saying things like that you are just adding to the growing divide between north and south siders and there are some areas on the north side that have a better reputation then some on the south side eg: Howth,Malahide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

troll%202.jpg

:confused: What does troll two have to do with dubes and grey man tracksuit bottoms :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

yes, well you are clearly from the northside so do us all a favour and stay away from the dubes!

grow up and stop trying to start fights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭TheMurrinator

I wear grey and navy manpants! I think they're the most comfortable item of clothing I've ever had! And they look really good with pumas, or even dubes which are also comfortable.
    But the reason why peopel where uggs (them fluffy boots) with them, is so that people can be comfortbale but at the same time they can look nice!
    Am i making any sense?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

personally i want the 2 minutes of my life back after reading this tripe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 little_green_fa

my god, i actually can't believe this crap!

so i have a major interest in fashion and i just find it so hard to handle that baggy sweatpants and dubes or uggs appear as fashionable to some people. shocking stuff.

In my eyes,fashion is about looking good and feeling good, how,i ask you, can wearing ill-fitting and plain unattractive clothes do this? i would personally view this trend (baggy pants and uggs that is) as the hideous lovechild of 3seperate trends
    1) the preepy ralph lauren look
    2) <uggs> the sienna miller wannabe look
    3) <sweatpants> the 'i raided my older brother's wardrobe' look

as for dubes,not really sure where to start- they just remind me of my dad and to a lesser extent,my granddad, as they wear them. i personally think they look OK with o'neills and stuff, but they look simply ridiculous with those UGLY baggy pants.

and and no,i'm not from the northside before i get back lash from those who follow this 'trend' (and i use that term very loosely)

/end of rant :)

Advertisement