Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Named experience

Options
  • 31-07-2005 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

I have 5 months named driving experience at present, will this count as 1 year , or will it count as nothing do you think?
    also can you use driving lessons as named experience. i.e. i went for lessons over a period of 5 months also

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭saobh_ie

Apparently you could spend a decade as a named driver and have it count as nothing.

5 months will definitally count as nothing, even if it was your insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭boardsee

Quinn direct take it into consideration.
    When your filling out the online quote yoke, theres an option for you to add named experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I thought they only count years not months i.e. minimum is 1 year. I honestly cannot see much saving from having 5 months named driver experience but what the heck, no harm in telling them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

I had 5yrs and 8 months named experience and when I went for my own policy it counted as nothing. At all. As if I had never driven before.

My named insurer Allianz wouldn't quote me as it was a policy of theirs at the time to refuse to quote anyone at all without a 3 year no-claims. Even persons named under their own policies. No-one else would recognise it - told me I had to go to my named insurer.

So as far as insurers are concerned I have been driving 1 & 1/2 years and not 7.

B*stards. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,057 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

saobh_ie wrote:
    Apparently you could spend a decade as a named driver and have it count as nothing.

5 months will definitally count as nothing, even if it was your insurance.

Incorrect hibernian took my 6 years as a named driver as 6 yrs ncb, got insured on my first policy on my own on a 1.8 ltr alfa 156 at 24 for 1400, my experience was all on a full licence tho

i think they only take a full yr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Funk Daddy

I was a named driver for 5 years on my Dad's policy with Axa, and they gave me a great quote based on it: €1700 for a 26yo driving a 2.0L V6. Much better than everywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I had 1 year and 8 months named driving experience when I applied for insurance with Quinn. They only take entire years into account, so even though I was closer to 2 years than 1, they only gave me the benefit of 1. It did make a difference to the quote though. Knocked a few hundred off compared to a no-experience quote. Once you have 1 year under your own name, any amount of named driver experience counts for nothing.

Advertisement