Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips WS TV repair recommendations

Options
  • 31-07-2005 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭

My Philips WS TV needs fixing and the Philips website comes up with the following 'certified' service centres. Has anyone here had any experiences, good or bad, with any of these, or if not, can you recommend a good repair shop. It's one of those annoying intermittent faults, and I want to be able to talk to someone who'll listen properly and not fob me off with excuses.

1. Endeva
    Unit 2 Baldonnel Business Park
    Dublin

2. Micro Electronics
    6 Hebert Place
    Dublin

3. Rossmore
    Sallynoggin
    Dublin

4. TVAS
    TVAS, Templeogue
    Dublin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 ksl19

Those addresses are out of date.

The only place I could get to look at my TV (a plasma) were service hub in Kilcoole just down from greystones. Their no: is 012810601. Mon -Fri 7am-4pm
    They were quite good although they had to send it to Cork to get it fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Thanks for that ... is that their name "Service Hub"? Also, what did you have to do ... i.e. did they come out and look at the set first, pick it up and then look at it or did you have to take it there yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Word of warning.

I bought a Philips TV from DID about 4 or 5 months ago. After a few weeks it had the clasic symptoms with the red flashing power light. DID organised for Service Hub to pick it up. Which only took them a month. Service Hub then sent it down to Cork to a place called MS Services where it has been sitting ever since, "waiting for parts". Nobody ever kept me up to date.

3 Months I'm waiting for my brand new TV. Rang them yesterday to tell them to keep the TV and give me my money back, which they did.

Not saying this is always going to be the case, just keep on their backs, which I didn't do.

Thanks for that info IrishTLR! So it seems that "Service Hub" is just that, someone who just acts as an intermediary for people who actually do the repair work. Is that a fair assessment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭mcguiver

Gallagher TV in Rathmines is the only current agent that I know of. If no luck there ring Philips Ireland at 01 7640000.

That list is ancient. Endeva died at least 2 years ago.
    Philips Audio /tv back up service is notoriously terrible!!

• Advertisement

Thanks. I think I'll hang on in there for the time being. It's not a catastrophic fault ... what happens is that when the TV is first switched on it's fine, then after a variable amount of time, usually 5 minutes or so, the picture suddenly goes barrel shaped with loads of colour fringing at the edges. Then after another variable period of time (usually a bit longer, say 30 mins or so) it (usually) suddenly pops back again, and doesn't do it again all night. Sometimes it requires a gentle (!) slap on the top left hand corner to get it to revert to normal operation. Probably just a loose connector, or a dry solder joint somewhere I'm guessing, but knowing TV repair places from experience they'll probably swap half the modules in the box first before it's fixed. If I'm feeling adventurous I may even open it up myself and see if I can find anything obvious (I've got a copy of the sevice manual from the Internet!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Kennedy TV 55 Main st, Rathfarnham, 14 (01) 4904399
    Brought my Philips TV in there and it was ready in two days. They collect and deliver if necessary. Been getting TV's fixed there for years. They are excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 RogerIRL

Downtime wrote:
    Kennedy TV 55 Main st, Rathfarnham, 14 (01) 4904399
    Brought my Philips TV in there and it was ready in two days. They collect and deliver if necessary. Been getting TV's fixed there for years. They are excellent.

Thanks for the tip
    Just picked up my Panasonic TV from them, Repaired in two days and pretty resonable too. I'd highly recommend them :D

Another recommendation for these guys from me. Took my Philips WS TV into them yesterday afternoon and they've just rang me to say it's fixed ... that's less than 24 hrs !!!! Excellent service from an "old school" repair shop, where the guy actually knows what he's doing and really repairs things rather than just replacing modules until the fault goes. Only cost me €120 too including parts.

My only gripe is that not knowing the area it can be a bit difficult to find (I'm in Bray), and I ended up getting lost in Dundrum on the way there :)

Advertisement