Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this picture real

Options
  • 31-07-2005 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭

or a photoshop?

It seems like the kinda dumb thing she would do, but it seems a bit too idiotic, even for her.

mariah-homeless_man.jpg

EDIT: Wow, I guess images have been turned off in AH since the last time I've been here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Damn that looks pretty good, im extremely tempted to say its real... but my better judgement says no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

If it is real then shame on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

I wouldnt think its real.

Very good photoshoppage though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭gregos

Dreadful woman anyway. Full of crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Coolésin

fake....the shadows dont measure out evenly...unless there were 2 differnet lights shining on her from different angles but with the same brightness..but i doubt it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Arabel wrote:
    I wouldnt think its real.

Very good photoshoppage though

If it is a chop job it was head/face only....or else a PS god with waaay too much time on their hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

as if Mariah "stuck up her own arse" Carey would pose with a homeless guy

Mossy Monk wrote:
    as if Mariah "stuck up her own arse" Carey would pose with a homeless guy

Unless it's a backing dancer dressed up to be a homeless invalid...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Whats so bad if it is real?

Cianos wrote:

If it's real, it shows Ms Carey is willing to stoop to any level to promote herself and her "music" output; photo-ops with wheelchair bound vagrants aren't that common on Sunset Blvd...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Cianos wrote:

Because it's as if she came across him and said "oh look at the cute homeless guy. Can I get my picture taken with him?"

EDIT: Or what he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Obviously a photoshop job, if you look at her ass, There's a chunk out of it. Her it's easier to show you.

mariah-homeless_man.jpg

John

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Also her shadow running along the right hand side of her arm seems a little bit too solid looking and black.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I don't have any photoshop/photography experience so purely out of curiosity I ask why do people here think it's a well done fake? What has the artist taken care of that most fakers usually miss?

It looks fake to me but that's based purely on the context of who's in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭tovalee

i think its real, heres the same guy with Sean P-who-ever -he-is-this -week
    http://socialitelife.com/mt/archives/the_mariah_carey_homeless_man_gets_around.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

That horrible disease ridden thing ,more than likely mental

Whats it doing next to the homeless man ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

That's actually a press shot from her new film with Samuel L Jackson entitled "The Princess and the pauper". Check it on imdb.com if you don't believe me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Cool&#233 wrote: »
    fake....the shadows dont measure out evenly...unless there were 2 differnet lights shining on her from different angles but with the same brightness..but i doubt it
    Don't you know Mariah Carey brings her own personal lighting wherever she goes in case of a photo op with a homeless person?

Obviously a photoshop btw

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Wertz wrote:
    If it is a chop job it was head/face only....or else a PS god with waaay too much time on their hands.

Yea the face only has been changed. There are obvious smudging top left/right of the forehead. I'd also say the neck as well was smudged but it could just be jpeg compression.
    Pigman II wrote:
    I don't have any photoshop/photography experience so purely out of curiosity I ask why do people here think it's a well done fake? What has the artist taken care of that most fakers usually miss?

Its not a well done fake. To spot photoshopped pictures convert them to negative. Hand edits show up very blatant. I've marked areas where the smudging/softening appears to have happened.

The attachement is low quality (so again it shows out more).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭goin'_to_the_PS

Look at the way the light falls on her face. That picture of her was taken in light and then pasted in to this night time photo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Lump wrote:
    Obviously a photoshop job, if you look at her ass, There's a chunk out of it. Her it's easier to show you.

mariah-homeless_man.jpg

John
    Would that not be either her arse against one of the spokes, or part of the pattern on the dress wrapping around.
    Actually now i look at it closer, it's a bit blury all down there. And is her face a bit blury also?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Yea, I would have thought that, but as you say, it's the blurring, looks like the person tried to blend it to the background. I would imagine, that She's been taking from a stage show and superimposed onto that pic.

She's too well lit also.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

lighting is way off, as is areas of smudging. Not only that, but the basic "quality" if her image is vastly higher than the rest, hes tried to make it look like its just that shes lit better, but if that was the case, the shadowing would fall very differently.

Also, the cuts, pares and blends he has used dont hold up even to basic zooming, some are way to sharp, others are so obviously smudged its hilarious.

And the light level in the area of his wheel would be vastly brighter going by the light on her, unless they has a "crouching mariah" shaped spot and lined it up exactly lol ;)

Quite an amateurish job really.

b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Check out the video clip here- http://lulop.com/index.php?l=EN&p=3026
    Click on 'Flash preview'
    (requires Flash, obviously :rolleyes: )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

moved

Rovi wrote:
    Check out the video clip here- http://lulop.com/index.php?l=EN&p=3026
    Click on 'Flash preview'
    (requires Flash, obviously :rolleyes: )

hahaahaaa pwned

Seriously wtf? Why did she feel the need to pose beside a guy in a wheelchair?
    What a b*tch. Theysay her sis was arrested for being a hooker...I think they got the wrong woman...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

The only thing that would throw me of would be the proportions. She looks way bigger than him, then again he is a disheveled old man. So he would look smaller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Wertz wrote:
    hahaahaaa pwned
    Yeah, I guess now we know not to trust our resident image experts in future. :rolleyes:
    "Yeah yeah, it's so obviously a fake..."
    BWAAAHAHAHA :D

Unless they faked the whole media event, in which case, maximum kudos to the visual fx crew involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭zokrez

Well travelled man ! More

What makes you think he was photoshopped !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Looks like the guy hangs around outside Mr. Chow, Beverly Hills.
    Here he is with PDiddy- http://lulop.com/index.php?l=EN&p=3111
    Click the 'Flash preview' link, etc, etc.

Advertisement