Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cheap skate runners???

• 31-07-2005 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

hi! i looking for black + bright colour vans/dcs for 50euroish.. a push at that price i know but worth a shot :rolleyes: i can find pink n white dcs for 55 which id get but white woud look wrecked too quick! anybody have any ideas of somewher pref dublin to get them???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

The original slip-on vans are around 50 quid, the sturdier ones start at 70-ish last time I saw em!

Try Schuh (www.schuh.ie) they tend to have a good selection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Not necessarily Vans, but try G1 in O'Connell St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Medrina

TK Maxx in Stevens green have both vans and DC's. Not too expensive either. Usually between 40 and 50 euro...give em a try!

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Aisling88

i doubt it u will get a pair of vans 4 50euro,my last pair cost 90,i used 2 reli like them but at the heel of them the cloth wears away and ther is plastic which cuts you alive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

I got a pair of Quiksilver shoes in TKMaxx for €25, saw some Vans there at around the same price, might not fit your colour criteria though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Aisling88 wrote:
    but at the heel of them the cloth wears away and ther is plastic which cuts you alive!
    OMG - this happens to me all the time :mad: I was having a tidy up yesterday and I had a pair of Osiris runners that I couldn't remember why I didn't wear anymore - then I saw that the heel padding was gone!! :mad: I've got a pair of Etnies at the moment that are holding up ok! I got mine on www.kateskates.co.uk - more than €50 but less than town!

**EDIT - acutally Pull and Bear sell skatey type runners but I don't know if they're any good!! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭melancholymaidn

thanks a million-ill definately give tkmaxx a look!!! for that price they dont gotta fit the colour criteria-that was jus my guideline cuz id love a bright pair! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

tk maxx can be a bit hit and miss... i got a wicked pair of black and yellow osiris skate shoes in schuh in the jervis centre for 65 a few weeks back... comfiest shoes i've ever worn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Aisling88

tk123 wrote:
    OMG - this happens to me all the time :mad: I was having a tidy up yesterday and I had a pair of Osiris runners that I couldn't remember why I didn't wear anymore - then I saw that the heel padding was gone!! :mad: I've got a pair of Etnies at the moment that are holding up ok! I got mine on www.kateskates.co.uk - more than €50 but less than town!

**EDIT - acutally Pull and Bear sell skatey type runners but I don't know if they're any good!! :confused:
    i got a pair of etnies which were 80euro and dey are so cumfie and they are not rippin thank god!yeah kateskate.co.uk is a brill site!they got kool bam margera shoes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the only skate shoes i know that the heel part rips to give that uncomfortable plastic sticky out thing are DC's Vans and Osiris.

that's why i only buy DVS now as they never seem to rip and i've had one pair for about 3 years now

• Advertisement
Advertisement