Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quotes 'n stuff

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

Most of the good quotes have been mentioned already, the ones here may be pretty inaccurate so I apologize now for the mistakes.

Barry(RA): Before I say the names of all the guys in my RA group you should know we have developed a system of affectionate nicknames for eachother so stand up when you hear your affectionate nickname. Ready 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21 and 69

(someone): One guy got yelled at by Catriona for being dressed after lights out
    Me: I didn't realise it was compulsory to get naked after lights out
    (at the quiz a few nights later)
    Me: Hey Ian it's after half ten, time to get naked!

Guy: Hey Dave you forgot your coke
    Me: Silence you fool, it can be ours.

(Eiseart's strategy for freaking out the other team's speakers in debates)
    Eiseart: Stare at his crotch!

(newscasters at the talent show)
    Newscaster1: You know this next song is a lot like your mother
    Newscaster2: It's musically apt
    Newscaster1: And of course it's a prostitute

Newscaster: You know the number 69 always reminds me of your grandmother

(at an RA meeting)
    Donncha: Is it true that two girls are being treated for ringworm after eating the burgers from the canteen?
    Barry: There's no comment on that
    Someone: That just means it's true
    (few minutes later a guy walks in with a canteen tray, eating a burger)
    Guy with burger: Hey what's going on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Bowler said it was true, Jimacha was eating the burger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭LordCran

One of the greatest things to happen in Session 2:
    Mairéad: (during RA challenge at Talent Show) Kevin, can I throw your boxers at Barry?
    Kevin: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
    (Mairéad cackles wickedly as Kevin's boxers fly onstage and come to rest right beside Barry)

Then there's Cork taking over Munster:
    Kevin: (after Cork-indulgent Jack Lynch project) Any questions?
    Ciarán: Yes. Where is this "Cork" place of which you speak?
    Kevin: (draws map of Ireland on board, highlights most of Munster) This is Cork. Nothing else matters.
    Ciarán: Errr, you seem to have most of Kerry there...
    Kevin: NOTHING...ELSE...MATTERS!!! (crosses out rest of Kerry)

Niall: (rants about how great the North Side is)
    Ciarán: (I'm from the South Side, by the way) You've never been to Tallaght, have you?
    Niall: Well, Tallaght's a colony of the North Side, in the same way Malahide's a colony of the South Side.

Phil(RA): Ok, guys, we have to come up with a song to sing at the karaoke.
    Ciarán: Ooooh, let's do Shine On You Crazy Diamond part 1! (a Pink Floyd song which is about 13 minutes long and has about 1-2 minutes of singing)

Dave: (on sign for Cup Pyramid Phase 1) 17 slave labourers died in its construction.
    (Phase 5 sign) Cubes are the new pyramids!

Dave: I have to work Margaret Thatcher into my [Spanish Civil War] project. I'll just say she was born after the war.
    Ciarán: Margaret Thatcher was never born, she was created in a cataclysm of fire and earth.

For my last one, look at my signature. And yes, I realise that I feature in most of these quotes, but I'm funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 synge

eating marshmallows one night.......

"GELATIN DE BOEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

LordCran wrote:
    One of the greatest things to happen in Session 2:
    Mairéad: (during RA challenge at Talent Show) Kevin, can I throw your boxers at Barry?
    Kevin: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
    (Mairéad cackles wickedly as Kevin's boxers fly onstage and come to rest right beside Barry)
    If he was so against his boxers being thrown why wasn't he wearing them at the time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Un-Big

Grace: (Referring to the Chlamydia pants on the STI ad in the girls bathroom) I want a pair of those!!

Grace: *does buzzard impression*
    Niamh: Not all fat people do that you know....

Can't believe I forgot this one

someone: It's the world's best pickup line: Does this smell like chloroform to you?
    Eiseart: I remember I had that one used on me before ...... and it did smell like chloroform .... I can't remember much after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Mr.D.Leprachaun

I do believe that was Dylan Knapp. He rocks!

(someone): One guy got yelled at by Catriona for being dressed after lights out.
    He was in my RA group you should have heard some of our comment's on it! ;) Bill's "cats and no pants don't mix" was the most memeroble part of the ensuing discussion in our RA meeting!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Un-Big

He was in my RA group you should have heard some of our comment's on it! ;) Bill's "cats and no pants don't mix" was the most memeroble part of the ensuing discussion in our RA meeting!

I was at that RA meeting! *dances* I was also at the next one till Pamela kicked me out :D Good times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I swopped with one of Dónall's students for an RA meeting...

Dónall: ''First things first, why are our group only on 5 points?- Liz, do you want to answer this one?''

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Guy: Pirates invented Marilyn Manson as a means of smuggling makeup.

Bill: Pirates invented Goth as a means of smuggling transvestites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

lol, misspelling godzilla fetish,
    anyway who remembers the food game, me, dave whyte, jimmcha,james and bill

when me and jamie (leeming) were caught by a ceratin figure of authority doing impressions of said figure of authority 4 times in one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭JenLorigan

anyway who remembers the food game
    This being the tray-roll-flip game?

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

Piste wrote:
    I swopped with one of Dónall's students for an RA meeting...

Dónall: ''First things first, why are our group only on 5 points?- Liz, do you want to answer this one?''
    I don't remember that....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Yanniscaus

Zounds wrote:
    I don't remember that....
    probably because you were at our ra meeting (ie, robs) instead of your own, as you always were :D
    remember the time you were hiding from pam behind the blackboard thingy, and also the general abuse we gave cotton during the meetings? ah, good times

Can't Believe i haven't seen this thread yet!

Frenchy(It had just started to rain, on the first wednesday)
    "Oh, My first rain of Ireland!!!"

Frenchy(Constantly, whenever you had an open bottle)
    "Can i have a Swallow?"

Frenchy again (To Maeve)
    "Do you spit or Swallow?"
    (then he asked Rosie, who is in fact his cousin)

The Mad Frenchman again (after he had come last in the Share competition)
    "never invest in the irish Stock market!"

Who else!
    "Can i have a borrow of your IPod?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

JenLorigan wrote:
    This being the tray-roll-flip game?
    no, twas the feeding david whyte food game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Mammy

Ah Frenchy, what a hero! He phoned Brandon Levin when he was down in Galway with his family, Leland Cox and his family and four RAs. The conversation was priceless. About five minutes into it, Brandon whispered to us: "I don't have a clue what this guy is saying!" Then, when Frenchy was asked where he was in Ireland, he replied: "Somewhere between Galway and Killarney!" He is seriously one of the most comic characters I've ever met.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Outcast

Overeducation in women leads to Horrific ugliness, morbid obesity and beard growth!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭TalkISCheap

I concur.

*cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Manda5678

Outcast wrote:
    Overeducation in women leads to Horrific ugliness, morbid obesity and beard growth!
    tee hee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Not exactly relevant, but I had written 'warning: this object may not exist' on a desk and it was written over with badly co-ordinated abuse, and the 'Fnord' c placed on the same desk had 'wtf?' beside it, so I wrote 'stfu, n00b!'. Can't wait for the response.

*pretends to comprehend*

Advertisement