Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Change in M1 speed limits?

Options
  • 31-07-2005 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭

Going north on the M1 I notice that the speed limit of 80 kph for the new Drinan intersection now extends from the airport. There is a "tiny" 80 kph sign just after the airport exit. Given the occcasional white vans that "park" on that stretch a little more vigilance to speed is recommended, although how they can justify extending the 80 kph speed limit on that stretch of motorway before the "roadworks" is beyond me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Paul (MN)

most people ignore those speed limits, so they arrive upo the roadworks at 120kph. During rush hour there is the usual slamming on the brakes, causing wet trousers and tailbacks.

I would therefore guess they are trying to get people to slow down in advance so there is less chance of coming upon slow traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Are you sure it is not a temporary one perhaps left over for the roadworks?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

BrianD wrote:
    Are you sure it is not a temporary one perhaps left over for the roadworks?

No it's a new sign but I assume it is temporary. You can also see an 80 kph sign on the sliproad from the airport. The "roadworks" are still ongoing.

Advertisement