Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted Thread Advantages

Options
  • 01-08-2005 4:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    What's the oppinion on having Wanted threads make more of a stand? For example, if there is a For Sale thread and you don't get in there first, if you can point to a wanted thread posted by you at an earlier date, stating you will pay more or equal to what has already been offered, then you have priority for the sale.

Could get a bit messy but could be that bit fairer on those who have been looking for a while rather than the impulse buyers out there who have cash to burn :D
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I think that could incite a lot of bitching competitions.

On a side note, there is a ludicrous amount of PM offers being made and I have no idea if they're being dealt with because a) telling new people that it's against the charter is a bannable offence itself, b) the report a post function has no "message read" function or similar and c) nothing's reported in the Mod forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Then you'd just have people posting a ton of requests on Wanted, describing some general category of item with a vague description.
    Then when someone's selling an MP3 player, you can just fall back on one of the 50 generic Wanted threads you made last year... "Wanted, portable music player"
    It seems open to abuse/idiocy.
    Another question is why should it give you priority?
    If someone's already offered the asking price, deal done, and someone else comes in and goes "aah well, actually, check this out..." ... seems like a really f*cked up form of sniping.
    I prefer the system as it is tbh.

Advertisement