Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linksyswag354g

• 01-08-2005 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi I Have Netopia Cayman 3300 Modem From Eircom And I Wish To Set Up A Wireless Connection With A Second Computer I Have Done A Forum Search And Linksys Routers Are Well Regarded However Argos Are Selling A Linksyswag354g Combined Modem/router For 100 Euros .has Anyone Used This Or Would I Be Better Using A Router With The Cayman Any Advice Please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

for a start, dont capitalise every word, its very annoying and hard to read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

That router is _da bomb_

:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Unless you are thinking of changing to cable or wireless in the future that would be an excellent buy - its adsl2 ready in case you change to smart and thats a pretty good price not much dearer than a router and easier to set up overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭NANOJO

Unless you are thinking of changing to cable or wireless in the future that would be an excellent buy - its adsl2 ready in case you change to smart and thats a pretty good price not much dearer than a router and easier to set up overall.

thanks dub45 but would it be compatable with my existing eircom setup

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

NANOJO wrote:

thanks dub45 but would it be compatable with my existing eircom setup

Yes basically all you have to do is enter the same settings as per your current modem - then you just name your wireless network plus a couple of other settings which will be explained in the manual and away you go its quite easy to do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement