Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buick Open

Options
  • 01-08-2005 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭

Singh was awesome and deserved it, but when tiger was good he like a god.hopefully he can find that dominating game once again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

why?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

yeah why? I hope he doesnt. 2000 was a crap year for golf. Golfs main attribute is that everyone is a contender when they step out there. More recently golf has been brilliant everyone wondering who will win out of the big guns

Sergio Garcia - Totally under acheiving major dissapointment
    Retief Goosen - Grea tplayer one of my favs, bad final rounds have let him down
    Ernie Els - Done nothing this year very weak
    Vijay Singh - Playing well putting like a slut
    Phil Mickelson - Empty as usual
    Padraig Harrington - playing decent big blow to him personally so we can forgive him
    Tiger Woods - Winning again, not as stylish as 2000 but obviously cause he changed his game

Some outsiders this year
    Darren Clarke - hes always a contender but never produces
    Lee Westwood - Big dissapointment so much talent unused
    Jim Furyk - doing well this year with some strong finishes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

athletes dominating a sport is amazing to watch,they inspire you and make you push yourself harder

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

yeah Michael Schumacer winning everything inspires me to go =/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

I take the point that Woods can be inspiring by his achievements but total dominance of a sport is not a good thing imho. 2000 was very dull, partly because of how well he was playing but also because no-one was really putting it up to him. The British Open was similar, Montgomerie doesnt have the belief needed to go head to head. Singh does, Mickelson does but hes a bit mental.

Personally i reckon a more appropriate inspiration is Harrington, ok hes not booming 400 yard drives & hi-5ing every 2 minutes but he's rinsed 100% out of the talent hes been given & hes the most honest player out there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement