Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cork radio control club

• 01-08-2005 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hello
    A new radio control club is being started in cork. This club will contain three forms of radio modeling
    1 r/c aircraft outdoor and indoor
    2 r/c cars out doors if enough join the club indoor will also become feasable
    2 r/c boats details unknown

the club will be called CORK RADIO CONTROLLE CLUB

any one intrested should contact via email or post

Any ideas would be appricated as this club is in its infancy at the current moment.

'the needs of the many out-weigh the needs of the few

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,613 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Is it indoor or outdoor you plan on for the cars ?
    I have a group of 18 that couls call from time to time ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭greg-h

I dont quite know I would imagane it will be out door at the start as I would have the use of a double tenis court. the way the club would work is -a president a figerhead in charge of the club then there would be the plane,boat,and car presidents it would be under the same club I think this is a good idea as the club will have strenght in numbers and we would be able to recive funding I belive radio modeling is weak in munster and we need one big club to encourage modelers people will be more likley to start if there is a big group who can help them out in a club context .'the needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭SLIM19198

I got about 5 members for outdoor rc off road!

I have a losi xxx buggy and an Associated T4 stadium truck.
    Both being upgraded to T-maxx's or similar by Christmas.
    I have a couple more buddies that have offroaders as well and would pop over to you from time to time. ;)

Do you mind if I ask you how and where from are you going to get this "Funding" ?
    cheers

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

greg-h wrote:
    'the needs of the many out-weigh the needs of the few

Tell that to your members when u are asking for a membership payment. Watch their faces carefully while u say it. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Will there be an out door off road track. I could only get 2, Goldwing and myself, better than nobody I suppose.

When I mean funding I mean goverment funding you need a certain amount of members to recive it . yes there will be membership fees I dont know how much yet. flyers will have to have maic membership etc you can join one branch of the club or all three there is a lot of intrest in cars so there will be a yearly charge of say e50 I think this is quite resnoable for example 1 the cmac charges e155 a year for membership. 2 I think it is a better system than payin e5 a round per week-end

When you say cars, do you mean offroad aswell becouse aload of people in this thread and more have offroad machines.

Well I ment touring cars but there is enough intrest in off road so you tell me what is needed to have this sort of event terrain etc ie a forest road that is never used

if we can start off road so be it

I dont know about charging a certain amount upfront.
    I run a small club here and it is difficult enough to get a few euro (10 per month) off people. nevermind a bulk sum.
    I am not saying everyone is like this but just something to investigate with possible members first.
    I am also not certain about Government funding :confused:
    Where did you hear about that ?
    If there was that sort of funding dont you think that there would be lots more clubs about ?
    Or are you thinking on terms of the Skating park that funded in Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 .B.R.

I'm sure you'll get enough intrest for offroad theres many with them on this forum... There was alot of talk going on few months ago about setting up an offroad track but its seem to of died down, pretty sad as there was alot of intrest.. But it would be great if we could get something setup.!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭CHUCKLEZ

well i have an off roader (traxxas revo) and i wud be well up this.

I dont know as I say the cmac charges e155 per year lump sum so I think e50 is not so bad the club will whant a permant facility so thats why there would be a lump sum how about flyers any takers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭techguy

Hi Guys,

Hopefully I will be going to CIT next year. What part of Cork will the club be set up in?
    I would be interested in the flying, both glow and indoor electric side of things.

Hakko

greg-h wrote:
    tell me what is needed to have this sort of event terrain etc ie a forest road that is never used
    Most off road tracks are made of mud which is hardened from the heat and plastic pipes for the rail. They usally have ramps and sharp turns with high banks. They are bigger than most on road tracks. Here is one :cool:

That's a real nice offroader track.

I dont think mud is an option in ireland (where are we gonna get heat to dry it???)

Low cut grass can be great for offroaders as well, just add some humps, turns and ramps, you got yourself a track!

Anyone know were to get the bendy pipes they could act as a good track layout. greg-h did you here any word on the club

afaik they use some sort of hose (firehose) for the bendy bits and pipe for the straight.

try getting in touch with the fire dept and ask do they have any old damaged hoses they are disposing of!!!

• Advertisement

The flying will be baised in carraignabhvear I have an aragment with a farmer the site is ten miles north of cork near glenville. To be honest I know little about off road r/c If I can find an area so be it how about a gravle road in the forest --- you guys are the experts what do you think please email me if intrested in joining the club

greghiggins007@hotmail.com

Gravel is not the best surface for off roaders as it kicks up too much dust and clogs the air filters!

What is needed really is a patch of grass (not too high) that has mounds of earth/slopes that can be driven on!

Here is a picture of where we go bashing:

15786.jpg

As you can see, some nice slopes, grass aint too high, nice to drive on really.

greg-h wrote:
    I have an aragment with a farmer. I know little about off road r/c If I can find an area so be it how about a gravle road in the forest --- you guys are the experts what do you think

How big is the area you entend to have the club. I know airplanes need a big area to fly but what about on and off road. It will proberly be hard to find a flat, smooth patch of ground for on roads. If you plan on racing off road your going to need something like slim19198 posted and a proper track layout.

Well guys I am going away next week but when I come back I will go scouting for a track-to answer a previous questions the on road will be held on a double tenis court- any further ideas welcome

The land that you have for the planes, how big is it?

All you really need is a field and a couple of shovels to make an offroad track ;-)

SLIM

greg-h wrote:
    Well guys I am going away next week but when I come back I will go scouting for a track-to answer a previous questions the on road will be held on a double tenis court- any further ideas welcome
    I don't want to be negative on this. But have you considered what will happen to you if a tennis player slips on model oil and injures themself?

well the touring cars will be electric I dont think mr farmer will be too happy with us for digging up his field so that option is out the window

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

hehe. she how much he would sell the field to you for :rolleyes: buy it do all the stuff you want to do to it(yeah i wish)

sperm donar

• Advertisement

greg-h wrote:
    well the touring cars will be electric I dont think mr farmer will be too happy with us for digging up his field so that option is out the window

You wont catch me running my leccie touring car outdoors on a tennis court unless it is smooth as a baby's A*s.... any grit would wreck my Carbon Fiber chassis :eek:

any more on the off road track?

Advertisement