Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donington Pics

• 01-08-2005 6:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭

Here are some pics from my trip to donington.
    Unfortunately, the camera battery went (its a rechargeable), so i didnt get any at silverstone at the TGP. I ran out of power after taking millions of classic car pics, of which some are in a thread in classic cars if yis want to look.
    test98mclaren.jpg
    sennatolemanname.jpg
    SennatolemanFR.jpg
    Senna1993MclarenFL.jpg
    Senna1991Mclaren.jpg
    Senna1990Mclaren.jpg
    Senna1989Mclaren.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

And some more
    Senna1988Mclaren.jpg
    PetersonLotus.jpg
    Hakkinen2000Mclaren.jpg
    Masreati250f1955.jpg
    HallofWilliams.jpg
    Hakkinen1997Mclaren.jpg
    HallofMclarens.jpg

And more
    Dc99Mclaren.jpg
    Dc96Mclarenmarlboro.jpg
    coopermaserati-t81.jpg
    Buttonwilliams2000.jpg
    1997williamsvilleneuve.jpg
    1992williamsfw15b.jpg
    1962coopercovclimax.jpg
    4Wdf1car.jpg
    F1lotusClarke.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Fantastic pictures, Kersh. I've really got to try and get over to Donington some day and check out the museum for myself. Some amazing machinery on display there and it's a credit to Tom Wheatcroft for putting together such a fabulous collection of cars that the public can all enjoy.

Looking at the pics of the McLaren's, in particular, it just reinforces what I've always said about how the cars from years ago were so much better looking than the ones we see today. I reckon the cars from the late-80's to mid-90's were the best looking of all. They just looked so much "cleaner", I guess you could say. Cleaner lines, lovely curves (just look at the curve of the airbox/engine cover on the '89-'94 McLaren's there, for example) and they weren't covered in loads of little extra aerodynamic winglets and flaps and turning vanes and other doo-dads all over the place to spoil the flow of the lines. Compared to cars made since about '98 or '99 onwards (with all the things which have sprouted up on the cars since then), they are works of art to look at. Pity the FIA wouldn't bring in some regulation forcing teams to make nice looking cars! :D I mean, everytime I look at a Renault F1 car these days, in particular, it seems to have sprouted another "apendage" somewhere spoiling the lines of it. :(

i agree - see i threw in a pic of the 4wd Mclaren, just for you guys :):)

Advertisement