Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

name the new doggy

Options
  • 01-08-2005 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

my friend just got a new dog any suggestions for a name?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

well it may well depend on the kind of dog it is.... could you illaborate

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭QM79

I had a dog once........(sniff) and i got him in August so I called him Lúnasa.....which was shortened to Looney..........(sniff sniff)..........great dog........boo hoo......until my landlady let him out one day and he ran off!............oh the memories :(

that reminded me of the charlton heston bit in wayne´s world...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Creature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

Tyson, King, Rocky.....they all seem to be common names :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

pete!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

Crackitty jones!! Just like the pixies song.....or caribou...or pinkerton for weezer or getchoo...or jaws if he's really sharp teeth or mr shankly...after the smiths...the list is endless!! BTW Welcome back new elburro_grande!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Claire_bear

he says it's a toss up between pete and crackity jones. thanks for the welcome back spiderlegs :)

Crakity jones *cough,cough*

call it chump, or pedro, or you could be original and call him dog in another language, like chien, or perro

• Advertisement

yes, woo go my suggestion :)
    Vote PETE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Hate to be a party pooper, but my poor doggy had to be put down yesterday. 15 years old or 105 dog years, he had a good innings and fathered just about every other dog on the road. Dusty gone but not forgotten, sniff.

aww, sorry for your loss mr D,

what about naming the new doggy after you doggy, Dusty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Sweetness!

BrianD wrote:
    Hate to be a party pooper, but my poor doggy had to be put down yesterday. 15 years old or 105 dog years, he had a good innings and fathered just about every other dog on the road. Dusty gone but not forgotten, sniff.
    Ah sorry, my dog had to be put down afew years ago and it was very sad but then I got this crazy dog and I mean craaazy! I might be getting a puppy tomorrow and I'm gona call him Weller after Paul Weller cause I told my mam I would as she's a huge fan but anyway Claire_Bear you should get your friend to call her puppy either Dusty(in honour of Brians doggy) or something really random like tweety

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭miss serena

Awh, that just reminded me that my dog was poisoned and died when I was a kid!

I think the moral of the story is don't get a dog! Or get one and call it Thor or something fun like that! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

BrianD wrote:

that terrible, at least he'd a good life! so sad putting a dog down. i'm moving out of home soon, gonna miss my wee kaydee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭jtmassey

We have an awesomely cool dog (Chloe), who we always make fun of (yeah, we're mean) and make up names that we should have called her. Last night on the TV we saw a commercial for some allergy medicine and decided we should have named her Allergens, so that would be a cool name for a dog. Also, (don't ask) a good name would be Coaglulated Sausage (another nickname we've called Chloe). (Yup, I'm in a bizarre mood this morning).

my dog was shot by a farmer.... bastard... i remember she used to chew on a bone up the field, and a few weeks after she was killed i thought i saw her there, but it was her pup, who was sat in the exact same spot chewin a bone... i was so convinced it was her, i even called her name.... funny how attached we can get to dogs... here´s to man (and women´s) best friend *raises a glass*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭epoch rising

Some good dog's names:

Ignatius Loyola
    Panzer
    King Henry VII
    Eddie the Bear
    Dog
    Cat
    Johnathan Philibin Bowman
    The Fonz

He got another puppy - two little king charles - so he is calling them crackity jones and Withnail :) thanks for all suggestions though.

• Advertisement

Oh by the by it would be handy if you gave suggestion as to what that same guy is to name his band the bassist thinks molecular toads is good but frankly its not =0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

jtmassey wrote:
    We have an awesomely cool dog (Chloe), who we always make fun of (yeah, we're mean) and make up names that we should have called her. Last night on the TV we saw a commercial for some allergy medicine and decided we should have named her Allergens, so that would be a cool name for a dog. Also, (don't ask) a good name would be Coaglulated Sausage (another nickname we've called Chloe). (Yup, I'm in a bizarre mood this morning).

I've a dog called Chloe too. :D
    She's fantastic. She's asleep on the floor beside me now. But I don't think she's actually sleeping, I reckon she's just being lazy.
    xm

He got another puppy - two little king charles - so he is calling them crackity jones and Withnail :) thanks for all suggestions though.
    You chose my idea.....oh yeah.... :rolleyes:

well he's a huge pixies fan so it was an easy choice

Advertisement