Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best TA '05

Options
  • 01-08-2005 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭

I was just wondering what people thought of their TAs. Some of them were pretty cool. I was in International History and my TA, Ciara, was pretty sound. What about the rest of you?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 synge

Achaeology A, my TA Mary was awesome. She let us listen to music in study the last week and we got to tease her all the time about her and the Modern Maths TA and she didn't really deny anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Ciaran (RA session 2) was my TA in Modern Maths. The guy was a focking ledge, best TA I eevr had (sorry Jen and Derek!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Neil (crash_000) was the best ever. The following is why

1. Despite TAing TheoPhys, he knew NOTHING about physics. He's a CS student.

2. He played Quake on the data projector.

3. The netsend episode. Everyone got a netsend message saying "hahaha". His response to this was tog et up and warn anyone against using netsend. We investigated the message....turns out it was from his computer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Yanniscaus

I agree with raphael, neil was legend. hehe, just thinking of the studies, we pissed him off so much with extremely immature sexual references to bassically anything said..*high five*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

Kerrie, the philosophy TA. Not only is she great (let me hold study one time and abuse my authorit-ay, lent me smutty greek comedies, had cool shoes etc.) but she WENT TO MY SCHOOL! (Which has produced many ctyizens, like me, larry, eoin silke, david whYte, alison walsh, debbie, (who got the rock birthday serenade in s1) sadbh...her....ohh,ohh, and mystic fibrosis and his..group of people who I can't name!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

Julius Caesar/Julian. He spent most of the time in class asleep and didn't care what we were doing in study once our work was half-finished. That said, playing Quake on a projector is quite mention-worthy.

Silky and Larry are High School people? Kerazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Outcast

Andrew the journalism TA was Tom Cruise. How much cooller can ya get?

He also played badminton

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Neil told me he was going to be computer apps TA. Weird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Jim_Are_Great

Kevin Tracey (Psychology A TA). He wins. He just does, sorry everybody else.

1.He played a game involving launching wheeled shoes off a ramp at our textbooks with Barry the RA during study once.

2. He stole a certificate off a mini-CTYIer.

3. He knew infinately more about Psychology than our instructor ("Is that right, Kevin?" was the instructor's catchphrase) and he knew it.

4. He genuinely likes Fleetwood Mac. That's good enough reason for anyone to be a legend in my book.

5. ... I'll think of some more later.

Can I get an AMEN from anyone else in Psych A?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

AMEN!

he also said that'd he didnt want to become an RA because he wouldn't be able to drink

using the words of Darren Ward:
    KEVIN IS A LEGEND!!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Kevin was cool, he let me steal Jen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Lizzie

WE LOVE CLAIRE*!!!
    yay! as well as being an ex-student she was really cool, had some excellent quotes, and sometimes let us play cards. :D

*see, i can spell it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Jade Chihuahua

She always waited until she thought I wasnt looking to act freaked out.... IM ALWAYS WATCHING CLAIRE, YOURE NEVER SAFE!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Everyone is just gonna say their TA was best so may as well have my two cents.

Gillian McNally, legal studies TA was really cool and a great TA to have.Such a nice girl, shame she never hooked up with Soren though.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭RefulgentGnomon

Andrew the journalism TA was Tom Cruise. How much cooller can ya get?

He also played badminton

He was TA for Corporate Business (Session 2) as well. He was really sound and next year will be editor of the Trinity News (TCD newspaper).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

She always waited until she thought I wasnt looking to act freaked out.... IM ALWAYS WATCHING CLAIRE, YOURE NEVER SAFE!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my god, there's a pirate at my window! Muttering "click!" to himself! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

Jun (Chinese TA) was pretty cool, though she spent the first 2 weeks laughing at our pronunciation, and noone ever seemed to able to pronounce her name right.
    Including the instructor...who had the same name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 T.J.

AMEN

Kevin wasn't a legend, he was THE legend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

1.He played a game involving launching wheeled shoes off a ramp at our textbooks with Barry the RA during study once.
    Evidence(360k). (I think this was filmed by Donncha)

So he was great.

And he let me copy his abstract for an essay we had to write.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Outcast

He was TA for Corporate Business (Session 2) as well. He was really sound and next year will be editor of the Trinity News (TCD newspaper).

I know. He was always lying to our instructor about why none of us had work done. He was so much smarter than her she got really pissed about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭guX

AMEN! Go Kevin! He let us steal Sean Nangle from Psychology B and we got to keep him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Spraypaint

guX wrote:
    AMEN! Go Kevin! He let us steal Sean Nangle from Psychology B and we got to keep him!

Bah! Kerrie from Psychology B was much cooler. She was an absloute legend.
    She let us away with doing nothing in study and covered for us when the instructor asked why we had nothing to show for two hours of "study". She was always game for a laugh. She couldn't get angry even if she wanted to. She made and helped make countless innuendos and finally if anyone is familiar with the chair spinning incident, they'll know why Kerrie is the coolest TA ever. The video of said incident is still on Dearbhla Kelly's phone.

P.S. We got Seán back as soon as he got hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Jun (Chinese TA) was pretty cool, though she spent the first 2 weeks laughing at our pronunciation, and noone ever seemed to able to pronounce her name right.
    Including the instructor...who had the same name.

Much hillarity ensued.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

claire was cool, as was andrew! such nice people...
    anyone remember luke? both sessions 03... so cool, showed us family guy for study! what a ledge

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

LordCran, did you just start this so people would praise your brother?

Last year, i had Eilish Burke as TA in Psychology. On the last day, she made us all medals with the Tower Of Hanoi drawn on them and then we had a private graduation.

However, the year before i had Roderic. Nuff said

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Hahah oh i bet Kevin put him up to it - remind me to rip the piss out of him for that :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭LordCran

Yes, it's true, he made me do it. His fiendish plan seems to have succeeded, and you'll never catch me! Mwahaha! (pulls handle, wall slides across to reveal an opening barely big enough for a fly) Dammit! Anyway, he's checking this regularly, so be sure to have a crack at him, just to piss him off. And now, if you'll excuse me, I have a back-up trapdoor. (pushes button, falls through hole in floor).

Really big AMEN!!

kevin rocked the kasbah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 TheCat

Further reasons why Kevin was the best TA:

1) He was, in the wise words of Niamh, a legend
    2) He joined us in mocking 'study'
    3) He had a sexy pen (also stolen)
    4) He remembered my hat when signing my book
    5) He helped us create THE bathtub of the future

Viva Kevin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Bah, i also had a sexy pen. we found em at the same time - and in fact my degree from CTYI is in "Rockets, Bangs and Explosions + Irish Myths and legends" :P

Advertisement