Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best TA '05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Jack Lynch wrote:
    Last year, i had Eilish Burke as TA in Psychology. On the last day, she made us all medals with the Tower Of Hanoi drawn on them and then we had a private graduation.

I got the purple ribbon!

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

Mine was blue. God, i miss that Tower. I still hold the record, despite there being to Psy classes in Session 2 this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Spraypaint

Jack Lynch wrote:
    Mine was blue. God, i miss that Tower. I still hold the record, despite there being to Psy classes in Session 2 this year

The closest anyone in Psychology this year came to Kevin Conlon's immortal record was Howard who was still 6 seconds shy of Kevin's time. As I recall, Kevin put him to shame while we were conducting our experiment(using THE tower) and he walked by and just nonchalantly did it in 11 seconds. By the end the entire of Psychology B could do it in 31 moves but the time will never be beaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

Kevin Tracey (Psychology A TA). He wins. He just does, sorry everybody else.

1.He played a game involving launching wheeled shoes off a ramp at our textbooks with Barry the RA during study once.

2. He stole a certificate off a mini-CTYIer.

Here is Kevin and Barry the RA playing during study
    (i forgot the flash)

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=showPhoto&albumID=413167897&photoID=413319522&security=AqThEz

Here is the psychology A TA with cert for Chemistry & Drama he stole (which was later stolen off him)

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=showPhoto&albumID=413167897&photoID=413316671&security=atwNdE

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Spraypaint wrote:
    The closest anyone in Psychology this year came to Kevin Conlon's immortal record was Howard who was still 6 seconds shy of Kevin's time. As I recall, Kevin put him to shame while we were conducting our experiment(using THE tower) and he walked by and just nonchalantly did it in 11 seconds. By the end the entire of Psychology B could do it in 31 moves but the time will never be beaten.
    31 moves is the minimum. it cant mathematically be done in less.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

Jack Lynch wrote:
    However, the year before i had Roderic. Nuff said

They've weleased Wodewick, I was very disappointed. Seemingly he's writing up the official Green Party views on same-sex marriage, only he hasn't been told what they are yet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Same sex mawwiage you say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Spraypaint

TheCat wrote:
    Further reasons why Kevin was the best TA:

1) He was, in the wise words of Niamh, a legend
    2) He joined us in mocking 'study'
    3) He had a sexy pen (also stolen)
    4) He remembered my hat when signing my book
    5) He helped us create THE bathtub of the future

Viva Kevin!

If Kevin was so great, why couldn't he get his class to win a single debate? :p
    They participated in and lost 2 on the bounce to Psychology B who had a much better TA.
    (Yeah, he went there!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

We would have won if they'd let us do it in barbershop, damnit!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I had both Gwen and kevin giving out to me for suggestion a "king of the losers" debate between both classes :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭[Core]

In '05 psych the instructor consistently called Kevin "Steven" for at least 2 weeks. We'd all arrive up at study 5 minutes early to write "HI STEVIE" up on the board.
    He was great though, he let us wage war on Jap Language and Studies, which was brilliant because the TA, and then the Instructor, came in raging at us and looking for ... me. Long story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Jarge!!!

I'm disappointed that no one from Drama s1 or Archaeology s2 has mentioned Andrea yet. I can't speak for archaeology, but in Drama she joined in everything willingly and even participated in our end of session thing with a big smile on her face despite the fact that we took the mickey out of her at every possible opportunity and did nothing whatsoever in study.

I think I need say no more than 'scene change' and everyone who's anyone will know what I'm talking about...

In IH, Ciara used to let us do quizzes in study. Of course, they crashed and burned. We also had Beatles singalongs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Fabulo

Jarge!!! wrote:
    I'm disappointed that no one from Drama s1 or Archaeology s2 has mentioned Andrea yet. I can't speak for archaeology, but in Drama she joined in everything willingly and even participated in our end of session thing with a big smile on her face despite the fact that we took the mickey out of her at every possible opportunity and did nothing whatsoever in study.

I think I need say no more than 'scene change' and everyone who's anyone will know what I'm talking about...

Heh. She texted me to complain that she hadn't been mentioned yet :P But no, she rocks unbelievably, I've had her for two years now, IH last year and Archaeology this year. Despite the fact she actually made us work this year *shakes fist* we had so much fun. Her anal retentiveness, her unfailing ability to find and latch onto the biggest staff homosexual and her raging alcoholism...

Hehe, we love you, Andrea! Suzy, especially. In fact she wanted me to pass on this message: "I had such a great time on the last day, maybe we could hook up again and go for some coffee or something... Call me!" Heh, that's a lie.

But yeah, she has an excellent sense of dress, an excellent sense of humour and is really really REALLY pretty.

Woooo, Silkys got a girlfriend, Silkys got a girlfriend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭TalkISCheap

ahhh, the maturity...

Yup. 'S all about the women with me.

...wait a minute...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I distinctly remember you saying back in January '2005's gonna be aaaaaaaall about the women :D' I think you gave up on that a few minutes later though :p

Well, I'm sorry, but they have really useless dangly bits... Oh wait, so do men. :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Jim_Are_Great

Fabulo wrote:
    Well, I'm sorry, but they have really useless dangly bits... Oh wait, so do men. :S

They could hardly be described as useless...

• Advertisement

Well if you find a good use for yours, feel free to show me *sultry look*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Ohhh, you are SO in there Donncha!

Piste wrote:
    Ohhh, you are SO in there Donncha!

Sha!

And Fabulo - The dangly things can be used for procreation ... and recreation.

It's really only recreation for me... :( Stupid men, not having wombs...

I'm workin on it, jeez, cut me some slack.

Didn't you ever see Junior. Arnold Shwhateverhisnameis got pregnant without a womb. Or maybe he had one implanted. Or maybe he was just fat. Come to think about it, i haven't seen that film myself

Yeah, but the baby got wrapped up in his internal organs and he almost died, they had to remove it surgically.

Also, that was fiction.

Fair enough so. i wont watch it. By the way, you left out one of the 'dangly bits' uses; you said recreation and procreation but left out excreation.

Did i spell that wrong? Oh, they'll never notice

Jack Lynch wrote:
    you left out one of the 'dangly bits' uses; you said recreation and procreation but left out excreation.

Yes, well done. Thank you. This has sooooo little to do with TA's.

Ok, wait - I LOVE MY TA! There we go...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 T.J.

Yes, well done. Thank you. This has sooooo little to do with TA's.

Ok, wait - I LOVE MY TA! There we go...
    Don't TA's have dangly bits too, Jim

Advertisement