Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs in Galway

Options
  • 01-08-2005 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi everyone,
    I'm new here and just like to say hello first of all.
    This is probably a cliche but lately I've been getting very tired of Dublin(traffic, crowds prices etc) and was thinking of moving back to Galway.
    Whats it like at the moment as far a looking for a new job is concerned?
    My main experience is in IT, just wondering if anyone had any suggestions?
    Cheers!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭TheLedge

Unless your pretty excellent & experienced in whatever field of IT your in, I wouldn't waste your time looking for an IT job in Galway. A few reasons:

1. They are few & far between

2. If you manage to get one, it will pay you less than what you would be paid in Dublin.

3. Galway is the second most expensive place to live in Ireland.

4. It can take up to an hour to cross town between 5.30 & 6.30 with traffic. Thats about a 4 mile journey.

My field is IT, I graduated 2 years ago and spent a year with a large IT group in GW. I've since moved abroad because the opportunities are limited at home, and I didnt fancy Dublin from a previous experience of living/working there.

I'd need to know more about your experience etc before I could say any more to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

IT jobs in Galway are much more limited than for instance Dub or Belfast. Check out www.irishjobs.ie. Perhaps there is something there for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Paddy99

check out www.itag.ie and go to the members section for a list of companies involved in IT in Galway

Advertisement