Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

M50, 19:45 tonight, idiotic drivers.

Options
  • 01-08-2005 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭

Anyone notice the 2 idiots weaving through traffic and undertaking on the hard shoulder at about 7:45 tonight. Red Seat Ibiza and a red Honda Civic.

I got straight onto the blower to Garda TrafficWatch, which was the greatest waste of my time ever, no one to talk to.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

I got straight onto the blower to Garda TrafficWatch, which was the greatest waste of my time ever, no one to talk to.

To be honest getting worked up about it in the first place was a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I was annoyed with the fact that they "got away with it", more than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Trafficwatch is a waste of time-if you managed to get a Reg. no., call in to your local bacon emporium instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

glynf wrote:
    call in to your local bacon emporium instead.

Sigh..... :rolleyes:

Mike.

Oh, just a good natured jibe :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭boardsee

What exactly annoyed you,, the fact that they overtook ya? Aww, you poor thing :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

only scum bags drive like that, best just to pull over and let them past.

boardsee wrote:
    What exactly annoyed you,, the fact that they overtook ya? Aww, you poor thing :rolleyes:

No actually, just the fact that there was no-one of importance to see it. Don't get fcuking smart with me.

neuromancer,

Certain stretches of the M50 are covered by cameras, I know for certain that the ones on the stretch thats in the south dublin cc. area go back to a control room in the south dub. cc. building beside the square in Tallaght. Not sure if they are recorded though.
    If you think what these muppets were doing was dangerous-get on to the cops about it . If twats like this keep getting away with it , they'll keep doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

I think it's fair to assume it was (is) dangerous. Had somewhat the same thing happen a short while ago on the highway, 2 guys racing, on in a truck passed to the left and the other to the right, I was in a center lane, nothing significant in that, other than they were obviously doing 30~40 faster than the traffic, which was going a steady 70 to begin with.

I don't worry about it to much as I am pretty sure some cop somewhere will pick up on it and bring it and other tricks to a swift halt.

However, you have discovered one of the great con jobs of bureaucracy. They claim success when they establish some entity to curb, crime, and hunger, whatever. Then abandon it without ever determining if it actually works, or funded to function in anything approaching normal.
    So you complain... the official response is to report it to "CrimeWatch" or whatever.
    You complain there is never anyone there to man the phones @ "crimeWatch", etc.... Well that's not my problem, that a "CrimeWatch Dept." management problem, and you cannot report this to "CrimeWatch" itself as .. they are never there to take your call about anything internal or external..... Beautiful systems are they not.

Don’t worry, we got a few "toothless, legless guard dogs" here also.

Meanwhile, seperate out dangerous vs selfish driving. (sometimes they come together).
    for dangerous, just get out of the line of fire first, better be alive than correct.

For selfish, eg the cars that, in slow or stop-n-go traffic, alway take the last 1/4 mile along the shoulder to an exit ramp.
    Or does the same at on-ramps, etc.
    You'll always get one ass in the bunch. you may even get the same ass over and over, or get other copy-cat asses.
    The latter two can be easily detected by police presence, if the situation is reported to the authorities.
    If they are unwilling, unable, too lazy, too dumb to do anything about it.
    that's what your local Minister is there for.

As for getting anoyed with the drivers in question, it's a waste of time and causes high blood pressure.. something to be avoided I'm told.

• Advertisement

AMurphy wrote:
    As for getting anoyed with the drivers in question, it's a waste of time and causes high blood pressure.. something to be avoided I'm told.

Avoided, maybe. But to see the idiot undertake me at 80mph(yes, mph), smiling at his friend while he did it. Bah, I'd like to show them what for. (shakes fist in air)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I've seen people do this regularly when only travelling one junction on the M50. But I once saw a guy in a red UK reg Hiace doing it and he just kept going. Three junstions later he was stopped in the ghost island of an on ramp by Gardaí in a Trooper. Nice one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

Try the M1 for idiots I regularly get primarily Northern Idiots trying to achieve the landspeed record and blatently disregard the law, not a lot can be done about it unless the police see it.

I understand your frustration and sympathise but when there gone there gone so f*ck them hopefully the will crash and kill themselves and do us all a favour as for traffic watch, tis zero use and can be abused.

Just keep safe and avoid this filth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

FX Meister wrote:
    I've seen people do this regularly when only travelling one junction on the M50. But I once saw a guy in a red UK reg Hiace doing it and he just kept going. Three junstions later he was stopped in the ghost island of an on ramp by Gardaí in a Trooper. Nice one.

Never a cop about when you might like one, right?.

But look on the bright side, These idiots take microscope hovering over us and focus it elsewhere.
    Many moons ago I was heading back from the pub...... maybe, maybe not, but the last thing you want is to be pulled over anyway, cause here they could deem you "intoxicated" for even smelling of beer. As luck would have it, I picked up a cruiser, I drove along as best I could and he tailing me (this was about 11pm at night). Suddenly a car shot down an on-ramp, clipped across in front of me and took off like the clappers. Was I ever so happy, cause within seconds the cruiser took off after him. Pheew, that was a close one.

The other day I was scrambling to make a flight to PHX and left myself a bit short on time, got in the car, zipped down the road a while, then I remembered, the road I was on, I got a speeding ticket there a few years back, so I thought, "the last thing you want on the way to a flight is being pulled over, especially if you are already late", so I eased off to the limit+5. Collected a few tailgaters. But, sure enough, the same cop was further along with his radar. I don't think he appreciated my sane driving, but I did.

So whenever I'm in traffic and some idiot goes by in some insane manner, I just stand aside and wave them on. "Us regular lawbrakers need idiots like you". :D:D

Advertisement