Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Red Hat 5.2 free cd

• 26-03-1999 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

My bruver is in the UK atm, an according to him the full version Red Hat 5.2 is on the latest cover of PC Plus. Which was nice.

shank1@usa.net
    q2n.quake.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Karla

Yeah PC PLUS is a great mag.
    They always have a load of Linux software on the cover disks the newest kernels etc.
    As far as I know they are starting a Newbie Linux Tutorial series this month.
    It's a little expensive but heck if you get Red Hat 5.2 on the cover it's definetely worth £6.50.
    Karla

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

They do a linux tutorial every three months in my experience smile.gif
    although their shell programming tutorial a while back was quite good for ppl who wouldn't have a clue.
    three cheers for pc plus !
    if only PC Live would make a decent magazine/cd rom now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

they also have the updated kernel source, will whatever was out b4 the printed said cd, so 2.2.3??..4 is out now...

Ro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Karla

They do a Linux tutorial every month since they included S.u.S.e 5.2 on a CD. But this month they're supposed to be starting a series for absolute beginners. They're also the only mag I know of to include Linux software every month.
    Yah 'tis a great mag.
    Karla

P.S The newest kernel is on the CD every month so it's worth the buy just for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

hehe
    now i have 2 versions of rh5.2 smile.gif
    and there was a c++ compiler on the cover
    God bless pcplus

MiCr0

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ChRoMe99

I just walked around for 3 hours today trying to find it. Ended up finding it in a spar in coolock of all places! Yes first isssue i got (only coz of rh). But after having a flick through the mag looks great i'll buy it in future. BTW I'm installing linux tonight so expect this board to be full of newbie questions over the coming week smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Fowler

www.cheapbytes.com do Linux CD's for $2 and various archives of ftp servers too - they deliver nice and fast too - I got 3 archive CD's and Suse 5.2 delivered a few months ago within 10 days for $15 including airmail - Swiftpost for my order form etc etc - Ie - ALL costs -

Course if your a Dedicated linux fan youll have a cron job running a script finger @ftp.kernel.org that'll tell you when a new kernel is released so you can grab the patch before the server is swamped to pieces =). With a bit of luck you should be up and runnig before it hits the news sites - must update it to auto d/l the patch - patch the source and recompile - install and prompt for a reboot . Oh well thats another days work wink.gif

Advertisement