Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Theatre - Need Help

Options
  • 01-08-2005 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

Am buying some midrange "surround sound" kit in the UK soon, to be installed in the living room of a house that is currently being refurbished.
    I need a professional to advise me at this stage regarding wiring etc, and also to help with the tweeking at installation stage. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Henry O'Henry

I take it from the lack of replies to this post that there is an opportunity in the Dublin Area for a consultant in the medium to high-end Home Hifi area

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

You have 2 choices :

Get consultancy for free from the net/forums and people who are interested in this stuff.

Pay someone. There are some companies (check the phone book) that do high end installations for companies and millionaires.

If you're spending enough money with a company (ie buying all the kit from them) then they will give you some advice and help in setting the stuff up. But seeing as you're sourcing the stuff yourself, it will be hard to find an AV consultant only service.

What do you mean medium to high end area? High end would be 25,000 + for an AV setup

pH wrote:
    You have 2 choices :

But seeing as you're sourcing the stuff yourself, it will be hard to find an AV consultant only service.

Doesn't really sound like I have 2 choices.

What do you mean medium to high end area? High end would be 25,000 + for an AV setup

By medium, I am talking about spending around 10,000.

I believe that there is a great opportunity for an av consultant to help bring in kit at this level & higher from the UK etc, and carry out the installation, if the only serious opposition is Cl in B'rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

pH wrote:
    You have 2 choices :

Get consultancy for free from the net/forums and people who are interested in this stuff.

Pay someone. There are some companies (check the phone book) that do high end installations for companies and millionaires.

If you're spending enough money with a company (ie buying all the kit from them) then they will give you some advice and help in setting the stuff up. But seeing as you're sourcing the stuff yourself, it will be hard to find an AV consultant only service.

Ive seen and touched amps priced at €110,000, :D

I recommend to the OP to buy some of the home cinema mags like What home cinema and What sound and vision.
    Your price range means you'd be looking for a setup that has a processor, power amp and dvd, arcam are a good make and im sure you'd be well able to afford their gear with 10 grand,
    BTW is this 10grand budget including a tv?

Thanks Sparky,
    I trust you haven't washed your hands since touching that particular piece of equipment. I've read all the magazines, I've had demo's of the equipment and I have made my selection. I was looking for someone to help with the installation & setup etc. TV is not included in the 10K.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Well don't leave us in suspense ... what ya buying?

Marantz DVD9500
    Arcam AVR300
    Monitor Audio GR60 front L/R
    Monitor Audio Gold In wall speaker for the centre
    Monitor Audio In-ceiling speakers for the rears.
    REL Storm 5 sub

(Speaker selection is a compromise with Mrs Henry)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

nice receiver, must of cost you the best part of €1700
    and REL have the best subs imo, nice deep bass.

i recommend you also check out www.avforums.com, they have very interesting topics over there.

Advertisement