Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD entrance scholarships 2005

Options
  • 01-08-2005 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Anyone heard details on this scheme? Hoping for a med scholarship.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Lol... good luck. You're probably gonna need 600 points for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

they can vary unless they've been standardised by this horizons thing (no one in UCD knows anything about horizons except you incoming freshers :mad: )

however last year in commerce scholarships were awarded to students who got 550 points or more - for science it was only 500 but no chance if you're doing medicine sure you practically need 600 just to get in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

Yeah, you will probably need 600 to get a Med scholarship..I'm sure it was 600 for Vet anyway. 590 at the very least for Med.

I got an Entrance Scholarship and while they're handy enough, I bet you that the money will be gone by November :)...Mine got pissed away pretty quick.

Oh and if you fail first year on an entrance scholarship, you have to pay the college back...Realising that while frantically cramming for first year exams wasn't much fun :P

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

thats so unfair.. as if people dont have enough money problems having to pay their course fees until they finish college cause they failed 1st year..

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

well that didnt work so good.. oh well

• Advertisement

No no, you just have to pay the scholarship back...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Kate_17

Vainglory, how much money did you get? Any other perks?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

You get 1270 euro.
    No other perks in particular... a bit of a shindig in November where you get a certificate thingy but other than that it's just about the money.
    (Got one for science in 2002, somehow)

The ceremony thing is rubbish, you have to walk in procession wearing a black robe thing to the tune of Pachebel's Canon or something equally stereotyped...then they call out EVERYONE'S name individually to go up and shake hands with Il Duce.

In my year Scholarship students got preference for campus accommodation in first year (note preference, not "free") but I'm not sure if that still stands.

Advertisement