Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Final watch decision a or b

• 01-08-2005 9:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,338 ✭✭✭✭

need to decide tonight stuck between these two, which would you prefer? will be worn daily with suits

a) Titanium chrono

or b) Arctura kinetic

both are at bargain prices vs dublin high street, b even more so but i cant decide which one!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Definetly A.. I think I will go and buy a watch from that dude myself.. Some great prices!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

B) I like the car speedometer look.. both are slick tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭athena 2000

The Arctura kinetic (B). Interesting to look at and sleek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,338 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

yep prices are savage, beat good ol rip off dublin any day :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

If you want the more traditional look, I'd go for the Titanium chrono. It looks kinda similar in dial layout to the Omega Speedmaster.

That said the Arctura kinetic is more of an unusual design and not a homage to the past like the titanium chrono. To my eye the Arctura case looks a bit clunky and the dial looks very "busy", though. Then again I used to collect vintage miltary watches mainly for the easy to read uncluttered look(they've sadly become mad money now :( ), but that's just me. I've also heard that the kinetic movements have longevity issues. They can be a bit delicate according to some reports.

bedlam, I like the spring drive idea. V cool mix of old and new. Nice dials too

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

defo B...more stylish, more unique

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Just a thought. I notice the fashion seems to be that men tend to go for bracelets rather than leather straps(excepting the huge wristband types). It's amazing the change in the look of a watch when you put a strap on it. Might be a thought if it's gonna be worn with a suit.

It adds a touch of elegance, that a bracelet doesn't generally have IMHO. Looks good especially on the chronograph type of watch, where it's not expected. The really expensive makes tend to come with straps(other than Rolex, which are a bit over-rated and tacky IMHO).

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Definitely B, the Arctura kinetic, for me. Far more stylish watch. The other one is too busy with too much going on in the face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DawnMc

b

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

B, a very slick looking piece of equipment indeed.

• Advertisement

B ordered and paid for :D

will get something with a leather strap for work or just wear my tag

cant wait to get it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Too late to say go for the Arctura so. I was also going to say to go for the titanium one as I think it looks a lot nicer and it is seriously lighter. I tried both but just didn't want the weight of the steel one myself.

which one did you get mate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

The titanium one, I tried them both on in town first.

Model No? Or A Pic?

Cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

B definetly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

a for me!

Bit late tho eh :D

Advertisement