Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Making RSS feeds

• 01-08-2005 10:59pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've only started to get the hang of subscribing to feeds and given that I plan on making a podcast within the next month I was wondering if anyone has links to some good "how to" sites on making RSS feeds for complete beginners.

For anyone who has made feeds, is the code hard to get to grips with? Is it similar to anything like HTML or CSS etc?

I really need to start from the ground up on this whole thing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

RSS feeds are XML documents. If you're using a CMS, you should take a look see if it has a module that will automatically generate a feed for you. Failing this, take a look through this list see if anything looks good.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

sorry, I'm a bit ignorant when it comes to stuff like this, what is CMS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Heh, sorry. Content Management System. Basically, its a website layout manager, designed to make the task of setting up a site much simplier. Like PHPNuke

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

ah right. I found a link in the google search that has a podcast feed generator, which is pretty handy (here:http://www.tdscripts.com/webmaster_utilities/podcast-generator.php)

Cheers for your help, now I just need to get my recording set up sorted!

Advertisement