Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry Potter #6??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Hobotastic

I thought the transition from bitter and angry Ron and Hermione to friendly lovey-buddies Ron and Hermione was terrible. If all it takes is one little poisoning... pfft. Anyone could do it.

Did anyone else notice, on page 585, on the 8th line, that the word "ejaculated" is used as a verb of speaking?

How very, very odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Yeah, i laughed at that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Adesina

Hobotastic wrote:
    I thought the transition from bitter and angry Ron and Hermione to friendly lovey-buddies Ron and Hermione was terrible. If all it takes is one little poisoning... pfft. Anyone could do it.

Did anyone else notice, on page 585, on the 8th line, that the word "ejaculated" is used as a verb of speaking?

How very, very odd.

Hehe, I hadn't noticed that. Wonder what J. K. was thinking about when she wrote that...

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Chowburger

Hobotastic wrote:
    Yeah, she did that in one of the other books too, in the wonderful phrase that was, "... Ron ejaculated loudly." I figure she's just doing it for kicks :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭COCK

I think slughorns a bit of a child molestor, he has his little clubs, and hes always giving mead to kids.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Adesina

COCK wrote:
    I think slughorns a bit of a child molestor, he has his little clubs, and hes always giving mead to kids.

I concur

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Hobotastic

Heh, I suppose, if i was writing books for kids, I'd probably slip in random long words that they wouldn't understand and that actually mean something quite adult too. Like ejaculated, or menstruated, or sodomy or something. It'd be funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Jade Chihuahua

I have to agree with the whole Snape is good thing, DumbleDore was going to die anyway, but if Snape hadnt done it, They'd lose their only spy as well.
    Theory-I didnt come up with this by the way, but it makes so much sense when you think about. Betcha Harry is a Horcrux, that explains the whole being marked as Voldemorts equal thing, coz they both have an equal amount of Voldemorts soul, the thing about Voldemort taking such an interest in the prophecy and how he picked personal things to be Horcruxes, why and really anything you can find relating to his history etc. Think about it.

Hehehe, "ejaculated"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭THEZAPPA

i liked this book!
    i read it in 3 and a half hours....
    i wonder what the next and final harry potter book will be like??????

It's be a nice twist, but the fact remains that Voldy planned on killing Harry. Was he gonna use Harrys Corpse?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭THEZAPPA

yeh should be a good twist!
    either harry or volt is going to die,maybe harry will so she wont have to write any more books on harry potter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raphael wrote:
    It's be a nice twist, but the fact remains that Voldy planned on killing Harry. Was he gonna use Harrys Corpse?

Did Voldemort ever actually say he was going to kill Harry? As I recall, he stopped his Death Eaters from killing Harry in the fourth book, and he insisted on using Harry to restore him (possibly because Harry contained his essence), Harry gained parseltongue and the ability to see through Voldemorts eyes. All the evidence points to him being a horcrux. And also Ron is gay, and will run away with Dobby in the next book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Disharmony

But if Harry's a Horcrux, why is Volemort trying to kill him?(eg in book four) Surely he would try to protect his Horcrux; he guarded all of the others, why would he be trying to kill Harry Horcrux? Could he have made Harry a Horcrux by accident when he cursed him? This seems to be the only way he could have done it, since he had no chance to apart from that. If Harry is a Horcrux, he'll have to kill himself to make Voldemort mortal... making a cheesy "I sacrifice myself for the greater good" ending.

Voldemort might have only taken Harry to use his blood for the potion in book four, chances are he knew about the whole brother wands thing (another link between Harry and Voldemort), so he knew he wouldnt kill Harry, but was just trying to stall him so the Death Eaters could capture him and stop him from telling the world about Voldemorts return. Since the prophecy said that one of them had to die, if Voldemort made Harry a Horcrux, he'd have to be the one to die, ensuring Voldemorts survival.That could also explain why Voldemort was so weakened after he cursed Harry as a baby, no-one had ever used so many Horcruxes before, that could be what weakened him so much.

*sigh*

Voldemort was weakened because he tried to kill Harry and the curse rebounded and hit him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Starbabe

HELP ME!!
    I'm not allowed to read the book until my little bro has finished it, and he's very slow. I got to page 60 before he noticed. Make him hurry up!!!
    I like the theories though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

here - check this - it'll help you get by your harry addiction til you can read it....

http://www.tshirthell.com/dumbledore.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

My situation exactly. however I took advantage of a library card..hes still on p125

Raphael wrote:
    *sigh*

Voldemort was weakened because he tried to kill Harry and the curse rebounded and hit him
    The only characetr who really knows what happened is Voldemort, and its not as if he'd actually tell Harry that he made him into a horcrux, if the rest of the wizarding world knew what Voldemort had really been doing, they would have found a way to release Harry. Before you got to the end of the third book, you "knew" that Sirius Black was a murderer and Peter Pettigrew was dead, but if you look at the evidence along the way, it points to what was really the case. Look at the evidence pointing to the horcrux theory; besides what Ive given you already;Harry was going to be put in Slytherin, lets not overlook his growing temper, Harry has overcome every obsatcle in his path throughout the series, but he's never been able to beat Voldemort(because they're equals?), the way he naturally leads those weaker or more stupid than him. Look at the clues, ignoring what you already "know" and you might see that Harry could very easily be a Horcrux after all.

All Harry remembers about what happened is a flash of green light, that could just as easily be a Horcrux spell as Avada Kedavra.....think about it.

• Advertisement

I'd love to, but I just woke up and don't care enough. I'll wait for the next book to find out what happens

Fair point it could have happened, the other wizards only turned up after voldemort was struck down, although I thought Lily did the whole jump-in-front-of-harry-to-stop-spell and got killed thing...something about it in the first few books.

Fair point it could have happened, the other wizards only turned up after voldemort was struck down, although I thought Lily did the whole jump-in-front-of-harry-to-stop-spell and got killed thing...something about it in the first few books.
    It was something like Voldemort told her to stand aside, and he'd spare her life, but she refused to and so gave up her life protecting Harry.

It was something like Voldemort told her to stand aside, and he'd spare her life, but she refused to and so gave up her life protecting Harry.
    Yeah , that was it..so if Lily had stood aside, could she have become a horcrux?

Yeah , that was it..so if Lily had stood aside, could she have become a horcrux?
    No, she just wouldnt have been killed, Harry was always Voldemorts target, he just gave Lily the option of surrendering instead of dying......good times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Dirtydancer

If any of you, like me, were upset by Dumbledore's death at the end the book, Dumbledoreisnotdead.com may be the website for you!
    Check it out, it's reeeally good! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭COCK

I suppose harry being the horcrux does make sense. He shares a lot of the same traits as voldemort, ie parseltongue etc... and harry is the only person in all the books to get the scar he has when the death spell is cast, so maybe it wasnt the death spell it was the horcrux spell, and voldemort thought that he would train harry as his own, because voldemort thought harry was a super strong wizard, and maybe he thought that when his time was finished, his soul would continue to live in the body of harry, and still be powerful. Still, that doesnt make much sense at all and id be upset if it was a plot twist in the next book

Also ... I think the reason aunt petunia hates all that magic and stuff is because when they were younger, before harry was born, it said that James and Lily potter defied voldemort three times, so what if like aunt petunia didnt mind the magic that much, but then her parents got killed because Lily (who is petunia's sister) and james were defying voldemort.

That also kind of ties into the part where Dumbledore says that they misraised dudley in the sixth book, because what if when dudley was young he showed magical ability, and in one of the other books, it said that petunia and dumbledore made an agreement about minding harry, and i think it was that petunia would mind harry if dudley never got asked to hogwarts ...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Or it could be because Dudley's a fat little bastard doomed to an early heart-attack related death. :p

Nah, I reckon that Dudley is going to implode and form a singularity which will destroy the world. Dumbledore knew this was going to happen because Trelawny made another prediction. He said they were mis-raising him because the lack of keeping him then was going to lead to the destruction of the universe. He didn't intervene however for fear of jeopordizing Harrys only relatives and damaging his fragile psyche

See, anyone can predict crap about Harry Potter. JK is the only one who knows what will happen, why not just wait until she writes the next book?

• Advertisement

Maybe coz it's fun to try and figure it out, maybe coz some parts of the storyline acually point to these theories, or maybe, because we just feel like it. Just coz you don't want to doesn't mean we cant.

Advertisement