Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry Potter #6??

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Raphael wrote:
    Nah, I reckon that Dudley is going to implode and form a singularity which will destroy the world. Dumbledore knew this was going to happen because Trelawny made another prediction. He said they were mis-raising him because the lack of keeping him then was going to lead to the destruction of the universe. He didn't intervene however for fear of jeopordizing Harrys only relatives and damaging his fragile psyche

See, anyone can predict crap about Harry Potter. JK is the only one who knows what will happen, why not just wait until she writes the next book?

Do you think of everything in terms of theoretical physics now? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Yah, made a joke about the swarzchild radius the other day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Shellie13

I like the harry as a horcrux therory! I never thaought he'd make it beyond the 7th book myself and that somehow he would have to die in order to kill voldemort! This seems very intellible and twisty!!!However the suicide theory is crazy because there must be laws against putting pro-suicide stuff in a book originally inteended to be aimed at kids...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

I disagree with the Harry-Horcrux theory cos Voldemort believed the prophecy that one of them would kill the other. It's possible he did this as a failsafe incase he was to one who died (so whoever won a bit of him would live), but this is pretty doubtful with how cocky and overconfident he's been so far. If the guy thinks he's too good for death then I seriously doubt he'll feel threatened by a kid who frankly doesn't seem to have any great power.

I do think that Snape's still good though cos DD trusted him and with the reputation for being so great and wise that he's got, he must have had a reason besides Snape being sorry that Harry's parents died.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Jade Chihuahua

Voldemort only thinks hes beyond death becauseof all the horcruxes he made. If he heard of the prophecy, and made Harry a horcrux, that would mean that he couldnt die while Harry lived, therefore, Harry would have to be the one to die.

Also, I agree bout Snape, I dont think he's bad, if he hadnt killed Dumbledore, someone else would have, and the order would have lost their spy. I think he's still with the order.

• Advertisement

Yeah but if he was trying to make Harry a horcrux why did he "die" for so many years?

Possibly because splitting his essence into a seventh host put too great a strain on him, possibly the protection given by Harry's mother when she died made it harder to put his essence into Harry, or, maybe making a horcrux from something that already has a soul is lethal, and he was only saved by the existence of his other horcruxes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

Possibly because splitting his essence into a seventh host put too great a strain on him, possibly the protection given by Harry's mother when she died made it harder to put his essence into Harry, or, maybe making a horcrux from something that already has a soul is lethal, and he was only saved by the existence of his other horcruxes.

Lads..........we officially have way too much time on our hands...:D

By the by, the book was great:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Hobotastic

Something has been bugging me for a while now....

Dumbledore and Harry are on top of Hogwarts-tower-place. They hear footsteps coming up the stairs. Harry is invisible. Dumbledore knows he only has a chance for one spell, so he stuns Harry (or whatever that spell is), in order to protect him. Because Dumbledore stunned Harry, he fell victim to Draco's disarming spell. Now, why in god's holy f*ck fire didn't he block Draco's spell instead, or counter it or something?!

I just don't get it...

I would have thought that was obvious!!........he wanted to use Harry as an invisible human shield! But after he stunned Harry he couldnt see him to pick up and hide behind (or throw) and so got killed!
    Thats my story and Im sticking to it!

• Advertisement

Why the hell would you hide behind someone who's invisible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Hobotastic

Does anyone have a.... err.... real answer for me?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Hobotastic wrote:
    Something has been bugging me for a while now....

Dumbledore and Harry are on top of Hogwarts-tower-place. They hear footsteps coming up the stairs. Harry is invisible. Dumbledore knows he only has a chance for one spell, so he stuns Harry (or whatever that spell is), in order to protect him. Because Dumbledore stunned Harry, he fell victim to Draco's disarming spell. Now, why in god's holy f*ck fire didn't he block Draco's spell instead, or counter it or something?!

I just don't get it...
    I'm sticking with the Snape-is-good theory here. Dumbledore knew that he was going to die from drinking the potion in the underwater cave, and he knew that Malfoy or Snape was going to have to kill him or else Snape's unbreakable vow would be broken and Dumbledore would lose his most valuable spy... So since he was going to die anyway, he would let Malfoy or Snape kill him. However, he knew that Harry, on instinct, would do everything in his power to prevent Dumbledore from being killed, so he stunned Harry, thereby incapacitating him and preventing him from ruining Dumbledore's plan. Well that's what I think anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 rainbowkeruffle

he didnt stun him, he just immobilised him. the harry/horcrux theory is good, and it all fits and works out, but it's too obvious. she never does what you expect. unless she made so much money from the ****ty movies that she just got lazy. :) does anyone think the sorting hat might be a horcrux?????
    or am i just talking crazy?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Mysteryfish

ooo! the sorting hat might be a horcrux! I agree with the whole R.A.B is Regulus Black theory. It doesn't look like it could be anyone else and it wouldn't be great if she introduced a new character so late...
    When I finished the book I thought "right so Snape's evil then." But after reading this thread I'm changing my mind. Of course D knew about the unbreakable vow and so he knew he had to die. He immobilised Harry because he didn't want Harry to interupt and try to stop Malfoy or Snape. D would have wanted to keep a spy even if he had to die.

Advertisement