Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Oil (?) leak

Options
  • 01-08-2005 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

I have noticed recently that there is a small oil leakage under my Pajero. The oil level is at max. It is coming from the centre of the engine under the car. Any possible explanations. Loose nut - but the oil level would drop. Head gasket ?. I got the car serviced 3 months agao and it started then. If there is too much oil in the engine would this explain it (overflow). The model is 2001. I put a small tray under the leak and it has collected about 20mls this evening.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Could be anything. How fast does it leak a pint or Liter?.

You need to get under there and check. check with the engine hot and running, it may leak faster then.
    meanwhile, common items that may leak;

oil pressure senders, oil filters not attached properly, drain plugs that are wither wrongly torqued, stripped or cross threaded.
    Crank end seals, pully and flywheel end.
    Return lines from external coolers and/or turbos.
    Cam shafts
    Distributors

Just because it reaches the ground "at the middle of the engine" it may not be engine oil, but Power steering, clutch or brake fluid. oil travels as it gets blown about by the passing current of air when moving.

So you have to monitor exactly which fluid you are loosing and how fast.

Advertisement