Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Godskitchen - verdicts

• 01-08-2005 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

I'm only just back from Cork now (5 hour bus trip to Galway :o )

First impressions were fairly bad... mostly due to the pig ignorant scum that these kind of events attract like moths.
    Got a chance to check out most of the people i wanted to... was hanging around with a mate all day, so we made plans on who we were going to see early on in the day.
    Umek - ****ing quality!
    Fergie - utterly ****e
    Marco Bailey - pretty damn good
    Keri Chandler - cheesy as hell but entertaining nonetheless)
    Adam Freeland - his essential mix is one of my faves... his set from ggg was one of the lowpoints of the day... monotonous crap.
    Danny Howells - highlight of the day. wasn't sure what to expect but i'm sure as **** going to get more of his stuff now.
    Dave Clarke - meh...
    Steve Lawler - meh...
    Paul Oakenfold - pretty entertaining actually. "where the streets have no name" sounded ****ing immense through that system :)
    Sasha & Digweed - couldn't get into them tbh.
    Tiesto - i can see what the fuss is about now. would love to get a copy of this set :)
    Lisa ****ing Lashes - first three tunes were ****ing abysmal (this coming from a hard nrg freak), her mixing seemed so pissweak after Tiesto (wtf was with all the gammy sounding spinbacks and cutting???). another lowpoint. but at least i knew what to expect this time...
    Coxy - decent

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Never ever thought you'd say anything of the sort about Tiesto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

i'm surprised at fergie too, last time i saw him though was when he just started playing techno, and he was class!!

cant wait to see sasha and digweed this week, they were supposed to be brill, and dave clarke cracked it out too, so i heard from all me mates.

tman - who did you think was the best, and who was the biggest surprise??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

VinnyL wrote:
    cant wait to see sasha and digweed this week, they were supposed to be brill
    Excuse my ignorance but where and when? Thought that was it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Its not in Dublin anyway, just to stop you getting potentially exited only to be disappointed.

I would have loved to see them together down there but I couldnt make it.

Bri wrote:
    Excuse my ignorance but where and when? Thought that was it.

dance valley, amsterdam. a sasha & digweed set on the saturday and just a sasha set on the friday! oh yes! the timetable is on the other thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Ah! Way to rub it in! :p

ha ha i was trying to be subtle!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 krz7e

What made Tiesto so good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭JCos

I was very disappointed by Tiesto, didn't play any of his best tunes. Oakenfold was also a let down.

Eddie Halliwell stole the show, surprised he was on so early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

VinnyL wrote:
    tman - who did you think was the best, and who was the biggest surprise??
    best was most likely Danny Howells - he should've been on instead of Sasha & Digweed imho.
    Biggest surprise was definitely Tiesto. you can't really appreciate what he does until you've seen him play to a crowd that size. his superstar status is definitely well deserved :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

I didnt make it to the gig but what was Eddie Halliwell like? Have a few of his sets and saw him in Waterford a few months back. Quality stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭cmcquaid

i thought sasha and digweed were class as well as oakenfold cos he played all the classics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

eddie halliwell is one of the best djs around atm. seen him twice in ibiza last year and in the red box last time he played.

Advertisement