Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lanzarote:

Options
  • 01-08-2005 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Thinking of heading to Lanzarote in September/ October

Any advise on accomodation , food and drink and general stuff to do

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

You'll have a great time! Guaranteed gorgeous weather. It has become quite expensive recently, although still cheap compared to here. Very little of any cultural interest but I guess it does what it says on the tin! Don't go under the misapprehension that cosmetics/perfumes are cheaper however. The island is host to a large number of parfumeries and cosmetic outlets which one could get a bit carried away with - fact of the matter is most products are the same or 5% cheaper. Cigarettes and alcohol well priced though. This island is notorious for it's mosquitoes. I was there in April and was eaten alive so I'd invest in a good repellent when you arrive (the locals will recommend the best one to get). Have a jolly fluffy time! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Smileylynz

Thanks Miss Fluff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

We go to Lanzarote every year and we are going on September 4th this year for our annual break. I always look forward to it so much. Drink is so much cheaper but, that said if you want to drink bottles of "bud or hino" you will pay a premium. The draught beer is what we always drink and nearly all of them are really easy on the pallet.
    We have been there about 6 times now and nearly always in Sept/December time of year and have never had a problem with Mozzies.
    Have you decided when to go?
    MPA

Advertisement