Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend me a Digital camera.

• 02-08-2005 1:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭

I was thinking of getting a digital camera.And i haven't really got much knowledge.so i was wondering can anyone give me some good advice etc.
    i'll probably be using it for taking pics of motorsport and cars etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

The e550 on Amazon.co.uk

Fuji Finepix E550

I ordered it myself last week and for the price, it's class, expect to pay £100 pounds more for a Sony/Kodak equivalent. 6.3 million megapixels, almost camcorder quality video and the brand did it for me.

HAVE IT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

I got a Canon Ixus 50 from eBay with an extra battery, case, and 512 meg card for €360ish off eBay. Couldn't recommend it highly enough! Very very small, slim and light. 5 million pixels and 3x optical zoom. Will post more info, answer questions etc if you are interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Laguna wrote:
    The e550 on Amazon.co.uk

Fuji Finepix E550

I ordered it myself last week and for the price, it's class, expect to pay £100 pounds more for a Sony/Kodak equivalent. 6.3 million megapixels, almost camcorder quality video and the brand did it for me.

HAVE IT!

Bought this myself a few weeks ago. Great price and excellent results so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭jwb1

Yes....the Canon Ixus 50 is excellent (but do get at 512Mb of additional memory at least)...also, check out the Sony DSC W7....also highly-rated...both retail for around the same price....about €360. I did A LOT of research on this recently and found Amazon.co.uk had the best price even if you include shipping.

Canon do have a new ixus (700 I think) which has 7 mega-pix compared to the 50's 5....but it does cost a whackload more...the Sony above has 7Mp....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭pokermonkey

was thinking of getting a fuji finepix s5500. seems well good for the price. anyone have any expierience with it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement