Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drunk in Mullingar...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Racheal Green

God Monkey31, take it handy, glad to say that i have plenty of friends from all over westmeath and happy to let you know that there not too keen on the whole mullingar scene either, didnt mean that mullingar is all that bad just that it can be improved thats all. All it needs is a few good live bands and to have an older base club instead of the creche that is mojo's. Sorry but the last thing i want to come home to is a group of immature screaming 16 year olds, that wear belts instead of skirts and bikinis instead of tops. Just my opinion as a single hetrosexual. I can see how its such a turn on to so many lads thought.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 monkey31

''Sorry but the last thing i want to come home to is a group of immature screaming 16 year olds, that wear belts instead of skirts and bikinis instead of tops''

fair enough - either do i - hence why i don't go to the places that the belts & bikinis go to either. regardless what you think - this is what happens in every single town, city etc..around the country. you can't avoid it - other than you stay within the university/student nightlife... however, from a different angle - the belts & bikinis wearers - dont you find them amusing to an extent? they look so ridiculous, uncomfortable, total slappers & at this time of the year - frozen to bits!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Racheal Green

Ok wel you have a point there they do look totatly ridiculous, yeah but most towns also have elder niteclubs and who said i was totatly obcessed with the student nite life either..:) like the more mature student life actually,most of my friends are mature students , and even though we may sometimes act as naive students.We have a laugh more when were in a decent pub, niteclub, then followed by a few drinks in ours, then we ever had getting completely leggless and not being able to stand and slutting around like our other fellow students..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭LittleKitty

Mullingars ok for drinking, drink is far cheaper then if you were drinking in Dublin and the athmosphere is pritty friendly.
    One bad thing is that if your out for a night and you arent much of a night club person theres no real place to go that plays rock/indie music except the Stables and that closes early enough, theres no good clubs that play an alternative dj set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Meadow

I havent been on this board in a while but since ive been gone it seems that the boards are being used for advertising??? I suppose if ya have to do it ya have to it.... So to the owners:D and:cool: , i hope its working...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 redbullandvodka

ok meadow it january 2006 now your all withered away and the cows are eating u up in their paddocks maybe spring u will be reborn and freshin up a little bit. i doubt its advertising im doin for them but the drink is pure unlike all the other pubs and night clubs in town that u get the bad sickness out of every time u come out off them. now just to let ye all no theres a serious night club opening in the arts centre soon when it comes under renovation its info thats not supposed to be released cos i as a journalist for a local paper in the town might lose his job:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

i doubt its advertising im doin for them

You're right. I had it down as a work of fiction.
    but the drink is pure unlike all the other pubs and night clubs in town that u get the bad sickness out of every time u come out off them.

For a supposed journalist, you have a very poor grip on reality and an even poorer grip on the English language.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 doc...

Kerrigans for a game of pool ... crane club for a game of poker ... kerrigans for a few more beers ... on to Mojos ... back to some random house party ... lots of Dutch Mould ... Typical night in Mulgaria:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dts

Been here for 2 1/2 years and have to say I prefer the local village pub to Mullingar. If we do go in then the Greville is the best spot for people in there 30's

Mullingar isnt a bad place for a afternoon sesh watching the football mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Caseys is a great spot if you enjoy being squashed against a wall all night saying "sorry bud". Same goes for Danny Byrnes. How anyone can enjoy a few drinks in such an atmosphere escapes me. "sorry Bud"

Sorry Indeed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭planck2

Mullingar is not exactly the best spot in the world for good night life, but you know people are never happy. If your looking to go for a few drinks with your mates it 's as good a place as anywhere else, the problem is finding somebody who you can a have a decent conversation with and one has the same problem with everywhere else in the country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 TipTopToe

Caseys is a great spot if you enjoy being squashed against a wall all night saying "sorry bud". Same goes for Danny Byrnes. How anyone can enjoy a few drinks in such an atmosphere escapes me. "sorry Bud"

Sorry Indeed!
    Maybe they are apologising in their choice of beverages? Sounds like a normal nightclub in any case...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Caseys is a pub! And the smallest pub on Earth too. I can see how Caseys gets so jammed, theres about 3 chairs in the whole place. Danny's has a capacity of around 80,000, but they let at least 200,000 come in. It's the worst pub in town I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 HEATZ

mullingar is a arse of a place i had to live in it for nearly two years and hated it
    used to drink in the ukon bar as thats where all the bikers went at the time (97/98)
    been back a few times and it aint changed at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Sorry Indeed!

"Brilliant Post Bud!!! Could Not Have Put it Better!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 floss

Out in Mullingar next weekend on Hen weekend any one know where best to go we are from across the waters

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

floss wrote:
    Out in Mullingar next weekend on Hen weekend any one know where best to go we are from across the waters

Oh I love to hear that!! I have this thing for Hen parties!!!!:D

Advertisement