Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ipod smashed!!!!

• 02-08-2005 8:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

ok hi everyone,

i dont have a point to this only to say be carefull with your ipods.
    i was driving my bike this morning and i had my ipod in my pocket, only it wasnt in my pocket for long.....
    it fell out and smashed into loads of pieces....... i wasnt goin fast either so it wasnt that that made it go all over the place...

im kinda pist off but it was interesting to see the tiny hard drive inside and the tinier battery.

just b carefull while carrying yours.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

zipline wrote:
    ok hi everyone,

i dont have a point to this only to say be carefull with your ipods.
    i was driving my bike this morning and i had my ipod in my pocket, only it wasnt in my pocket for long.....
    it fell out and smashed into loads of pieces....... i wasnt goin fast either so it wasnt that that made it go all over the place...

im kinda pist off but it was interesting to see the tiny hard drive inside and the tinier battery.

just b carefull while carrying yours.

You probably should post this on the Pockets Forum too as a general warning that pockets are not as good as they used to be ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

See if any of the parts are intact - the scroll wheel, screen, mainboard, battery (assuming it's relatively new) etc. - you may be able to sell them, at least? Maybe even the HDD, if it wasn't running when it hit the ground...

Gadget

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

You would be surprised what house insurance can cover ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

What did you think was going to happen?

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Rubber Ipods, that's what's next from Apple. You heard it here first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The long and the short of it is to...

buy a belt holster. I've lost numerous minidisc player and mobile phone screens to impacts with objects in my pockets or handbags. So this time also bought a holster when I got the iPod. Best idea ever.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 zipline

the main thing i was trying to point out was that if it falls it will smash into pieces.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

iskin

zipline wrote:
    the main thing i was trying to point out was that if it falls it will smash into pieces.......

REALLY! Who would have thought a flimsy piece of plastic would break when dropped!

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Although I've heard of a H320 being dropped on the pavement without serious consequence.

But in fairness what else is it going to do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

grimloch wrote:
    Although I've heard of a H320 being dropped on the pavement without serious consequence.
    Indeed. Just goes to show that iRiver can kick iPods ass in more ways than one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Lump wrote:
    REALLY! Who would have thought a flimsy piece of plastic would break when dropped!

John
    it's actually a fairly solid sheet of acrylic.

i might be interested in buying a few parts off the op if it's a 3rd gen model... ("drowned" my one not so long ago, it still works but the screen is borked)

Clearly it's not Fairly solid.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 zipline

ok well nevermind.

it can still connect to my comp n so ill just take my music off it n buy a new one..

Advertisement