Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faxing through pc

Options
  • 02-08-2005 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi all, Im not sure this is the right place to post this thread, but I am looking for advice on setting up a Fax line through my pc. Basically I have a small company and I need a faxline for the office. I rarely receive faxes and send maybe 1-2 per month. What I need is:
    - A Dublin number fax line for biz card(if possible)
    - ability to send a few faxes per month (and be able to put a signature on them)
    - receive formatted faxes (ie contracts)
    I have found one provider that seem ok www.efax.com
    Any advice would be welcomely received (even if its I posted in the worng area!!)
    Cheers all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

macG wrote:
    Hi all, Im not sure this is the right place to post this thread, but I am looking for advice on setting up a Fax line through my pc. Basically I have a small company and I need a faxline for the office. I rarely receive faxes and send maybe 1-2 per month. What I need is:
    - A Dublin number fax line for biz card(if possible)
    - ability to send a few faxes per month (and be able to put a signature on them)
    - receive formatted faxes (ie contracts)
    I have found one provider that seem ok www.efax.com
    Any advice would be welcomely received (even if its I posted in the worng area!!)
    Cheers all

just get a fax modem , stick it on your phone.... would seem to fit what you need...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭7aken

if your using windows xp, there is built in software for faxing called winfax. its a snap in as far as i can remember so should be on the winxp disk. probably the easiest route to go for your minor requirements

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 macG

cheers lads, I will look at both. Although I dont have an XP disk, one of the fantastic things about Dell.... Suppose I shouldnt have bought 3...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭roamer

If you ring up dell and tell them your os is friged and you need to reintall they'll send you out one. Next day too I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

macG wrote:
    cheers lads, I will look at both. Although I dont have an XP disk, one of the fantastic things about Dell.... Suppose I shouldnt have bought 3...

There is a tool called mightyfax which is great and FREE for 30 days. The cost then is $19.95.
    http://www.rkssoftware.com/mightyfax/overview.html

The only problem you need to figure out is how to distinguish between voice and fax calls.

There is also a company called prism fax based in Lucan. They will give you a fax number as well. €120 plus VAT a year or so. They will also send 1000 faxes for €100 plus VAT. I haven't used them yet but know of two people who have and they seem kosher. They also update their fax numbers database to include opt-outs.
    http://www.prismfax.ie/prism/Main/Home.htm

Another option is to buy a fax machine and they can be had for less than €100 these days

• Advertisement
Advertisement