Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has the Rathangan exchange been enabled?

• 02-08-2005 10:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭

I was reading that the Rathangan exchange should be upgraded by June 2005. Does anybody know if this happened or is there a new date for it.
    I tested my sisters line on the eircom website and it failed....I'm hoping its because the exchange has not been upgraded!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

if it failed it has been upgraded , the test database only delivers a pass/fail result for an upgraded exchange .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Sponge Bob wrote:
    if it failed it has been upgraded , the test database only delivers a pass/fail result for an upgraded exchange .
    Not necessarily so Sponge Bob. I'm regularly asked by customers to check if they can get BB and I know full well because of their location they haven't a hope in hell of ever getting it. Their tests always bring up a fail result. This is because the only upgrade their local exchange will ever see is a coat of paint but it still gives a result to the test.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

kaizersoze wrote:
    Not necessarily so Sponge Bob. I'm regularly asked by customers to check if they can get BB and I know full well because of their location they haven't a hope in hell of ever getting it. Their tests always bring up a fail result. This is because the only upgrade their local exchange will ever see is a coat of paint but it still gives a result to the test.
    That's because you're checking the actual test database, the website just says "pass", "fail" or "your exchange has not been enabled!" or something along those lines to my recollection.
    They might have since added the Amber result, though that's just a guess on my part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

If you use the Netsourse checker it will tell you if the exchange is enabled or not, by way of test dates. It's normally reliable. The Smart telecom checker for its own broadband tells you what exchange you're on, which is guaranteed reliable if you know what exchanges are enabled or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Number       Last Test Date     Result 
    045 xxxxxx                      Incomplete result.**
    Please contact our Sales Department on 01-4336000 or email [email]sales@netsource.ie[/email]

** Reasons why this line may display as an incomplete result: 
    The line may not have a test result, for example this may be a new phone line. 
    This line may be in a phone exchange that is not fully enabled for DSL.

Not sure what this means. The phone line certainly isn't new but since there is no test date I'm going to assume that the exchange has not been upgraded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

An incomplete result means in 90% and more of cases that the line is not connected to a broadband enabled exchange. To be 100% certain, check the number here and then go to here to check the name of the exchange you got in eircom's list.

Anyway, it looks like the number you tried won't work as Rathangan is not enabled yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

Anybody know where I would find the Exchange Roll Out plan

I am interested to know for my sister who is on the Ballygarret Exchange in Wexford

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I did hear Rathangan was due soon after we got it in Monasterevin and just assumed yas had been upgraded.
    It sux man as you are very close to Monasterevin [6-7 min drive] and im now enjoying 2mb line.
    Having said that i had been waiting 7 years for broadband.
    Rathangan population is booming right now so id imagine it wont be long more,then again its eircom we are dealing with here,hope you get it real soon.
    If you are in dire need of a mod or something downloaded gis a shout and ill see what i can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Im just down the road on the robertstown exchange and can get broadband. Its wierd they would enable Robertstown but not Rathangan with your big fancy BMW garage :D .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

with your big fancy BMW garage
    LOL and dont forget the chopper Mr Conlon uses to travel about in taking off from his back garden,bah poor him with all his beamers and choppers he aint got broadband :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Doesn't look the like Rathangan exchange has been enabled yet.

If you read my original post, I was checking for my sister. I'm happily on DSL for the last year in Co.Laois

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Kalikat

No, it's not been enabled yet. I spoke to the Eircom folks two days ago, and they estimate the end of September. Grumble.

Advertisement