Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non alcholic drinks

• 02-08-2005 10:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

... to drink in a pub?

Just decided to go on a detox and can't imagine what I'm gonna do in a pub...

I couldn't drink Coke for hours like I could beer;)

What do you recommend?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Soda Water and Lime. (as in the dilute lime, not an actual lime)

Tastes great, and you dont look wierd either.

Although, you could try a few combos. Coke, soda water, coke....some variation! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Drinking coke to detox :eek:
    Pineapple juice with a splash of soda is nice, it is very sweet anyways so dilution makes it last longer. Hope you have a good job, drinking named soft drinks in pubs costs more than beer per litre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

rubadub wrote:
    Drinking coke to detox :eek:

lol:) I know, I guess I was (unsuccesfully) trying to think of non-alco drinks! I suppose I could have the odd OJ, but I wouldn't want to have too much of the overpriced crap ye'd get in pubs, I'd have the runs for weeks:D
    rubadub wrote:
    Pineapple juice with a splash of soda is nice, it is very sweet anyways so dilution makes it last longer. Hope you have a good job, drinking named soft drinks in pubs costs more than beer per litre

Sounds nice, I'll try the lime too.

It's just such a pity how expensive soft drinks are over here; no wonder there's so much drink driving, no-one can afford not to drink in Irish pubs:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

dearg_doom wrote:
    It's just such a pity how expensive soft drinks are over here; no wonder there's so much drink driving, no-one can afford not to drink in Irish pubs:p

I know, they really punish the designated drivers or people on the dry over here... I remember being charged £2.50 for a pint of blackcurrant, was in absolute shock!

<edit>
    Becks Non-Alcoholic isn't the worst drink in the world, and it can make you feel less self-conscious if you are the only person not drinking.
    </edit>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭bragan

virgin cocktails are nice as well. most places that serve cocktails will have them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Babysham ;):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

BecksNA is terrible, and it gives ya a hangover; which pretty much makes a mockery of my efforts to make myself feel better with this detox:D

I'm ****ing sick of Soda at this stage! And God knows the range of juice drinks in Irish bars is shoite... eg I asked in a city centre pub (NOT a niteclub) for a pineapple juice as rubadub suggested... the response: 'ya wha??'

So I've settled on tomato juice for now; even though I know that whatever it is in those bottles, it's probably full of chemicals and salt and stuff:(

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭pdebarra

Hmmm... Can't imagine they'd sell any other n/a beer. Feck. Tonic water (Schweppes) is great stuff, only trouble being (a) it's obscenely expensive and (b) it comes in ludicrously small cans/bottles.

Your best bet is probably one of those dilutable thingys, although you say Blackcurrant is also absurdly expensive.

Emm, well, in short, I'd say sorry, mate, but in this country I think you're basically buggered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

If your on a detox,drink water, and lots of it, i no this ****e, me moms a nutrition thingy :D .

Advertisement