Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aj signs new deal

• 02-08-2005 10:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

All the speculation about him moving away from palace and this morning he signs a new lucrative five year deal he must be hoping they will come back up but he must be mad five years.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Yeah great news for Palace fans, they'll definately be one of the favourites, if not the favourites to win promotion/league now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

ya thats true he has a lot of potential

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

bye bye international career

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

He's a fool no way should he have agreed a contract, for man who played so well last not to get the opportunity to play in EPL for bigger club is ridiculous. I for one think Dowie should have realised that and more to the point he probably has. The crux of it is flamin Simon Jordan .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I am sure AJ and his agent were wise enough to put plenty of clauses in his new contract. I bet if ( ;) ) he continues in his rich vain of form that he won't last more then 1 season with Palace.

• Advertisement

you have to think will he be goin to the world cup now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

I should hope because its a shame if he dosent.

I dunno about that. I'd say Sven is very reluctant to pick anyone outside the topflight. I'd say Crouch has a better chance, even if he spends more time on the bench.

he prob wont now and it will be a shame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

I'm very surprised at this. Makes no sense from the player's point of view. I have no doubt he will rack up lots of goals this season there but his international career is gone IMHO.

• Advertisement

Shamrok wrote:
    I'm very surprised at this. Makes no sense from the player's point of view. I have no doubt he will rack up lots of goals this season there but his international career is gone IMHO.
    I definately wouldn't say 'gone'. Maybe his immediate future, ie, World Cup, but if Palace get back to the Premiership next season and he repeats his form of last season then I think he'd definately be back in contention. Especially if Palace become an established Prem side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Sorry, I meant gone in the sense of the World Cup.

Ya but now peter crouch is round so he will be taking his place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

So much for loyalty to your club. :rolleyes: Yet another player turns his back on the idolising fans in favour of personal riches and glory.

No...

Er...

Wait. What the hell is going on?

Aj signed a new deal read the thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

... i think he was making a joke...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

*cough*

Not obvious enough?

I was just wondering why so many people are saying what a 'huge mistake' it was for him to sign a new deal when most people also go around complaining that players have no loyalty to their club anymore. If Andy Johnson is happy at Palace, and he's banging in the goals every week, why shouldn't he stay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ianomccabe

I think it's great to see someone stay at a club because they obviously love the club.

Most players would have jumped ship to play in the prem (a la Alan Smith) but fair play to him. It shows that there is still some loyalty in football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

It's good to see him sign another contract although I hate to say it but fair play to him for sticking with the club. We have a problem child with Damien Francis wanting away from the club. He should learn from AJ and just get on with playing for the club instead of sulking and acting spoilt. I for one will be happy to see him playing with the reserves until he learns his lesson (Francis that is) but well done to AJ, they might finish as runner ups to us now. :D

Advertisement