Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

diving in Clare

• 02-08-2005 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭

I went diving last weekend in Ballyvaughan and Doolin with Burren Adventures burren adventures and I'd highly recommend them. They brought me out for an orientation dive first as it was my first time diving in Ireland and colder water. As an added huge bonus, 2 dolphins came along towards the end of the dive and swam around us, then went away and came back several times in a very friendly way. Amazing!

My second dive was from the boat and there was lots of life to be seen (no dolphins this time tho!) In the afternoon, they were going to a dive site near the Cliffs of Moher. I couldnt make that one unfortunately, but I will definitely be back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭annR

Hollypink

Thanks for posting that! As I am going to Clare on Friday and will be doing some diving :-)

Annr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭smcmullan

I second that recommendation.

I got three dives in over in Co. Clare there on the May BH. I've a brand new Otter drysuit and having been diving in a semi-dry for the last 7 years I did the dry suit course to accelerate the "getting up to speed" time in the new suit. It’s a new centre and they're still enthusiastic about giving clients good service. Got a lot of divetime and one on one attention for a reasonable price over the course of two days. By the end we were making up skills to practice in the water, lots of buoyancy control exercises, open water ascent practice, deco stop simulation, DSMB deployments, air sharing, controlled lifts, weight ditching and controlled emergency ascent, in water dekit and rekit etc etc. i.e. way beyond the syllabus for PADI Dry Suit speciality.

And lots of nice critters to look at during the bimble between skill practice. 2 and a half hours of dive time and about 14 hours of course time all in.

Their boat is out of action with an engine repair but they'll be back running soon.

Ronan also tells me that they will be teaching DSAT TecRec courses soon (Sept?) - up to Open Circuit Trimix. They also supply Nitrox fills up to 40% at present.

Many thanks to Ronan & Denise Sweeney and Tom for the effort.

Cheers, Stephen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

smcmullan wrote:
    I second that recommendation.

Likewise, was out with them last Sept, and earlier this year. Good people with an excellent set up & dive sites.

Next time, request the drift dive, absolutely great fun, in very shallow waters. The time I did it, there was a bunch of very experienced divers (50-150 dives each) who were dubious about it, but they had a howl too, in water that was only 7-8 mtr deep.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Shivvv

Hurray!!! I'm going to Clare on my holliers in July - will definitely be contacting these guys! Can't wait :)

Advertisement