Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wigan agree fee with Wolves for Henri Camara

• 02-08-2005 10:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

It's breaking news on Sky Sports, just turned on the tv there. Good signing for Wigan. Camara is talented, but this is his 4th club (well if you include loans) in the last two season. If he gets settled in one place I think he could be a prolific goal-scorer.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

It's breaking news on Sky Sports, just turned on the tv there. Good signing for Wigan. Camara is talented, but this is his 4th club (well if you include loans) in the last two season. If he gets settled in one place I think he could be a prolific goal-scorer.

Only time will tell if this will be a good signing. Camara has always looked the part but has never really produced on the goal front. He needs to work on his finishing which is very poor at the moment. All other aspects of his game are there but he needs to work at finishing more of the chances he gets.

Great potential though and it could work out well for wigan.

How much was the fee that was agreed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Hasn't been disclosed yet, but believed to be in the £3 million region.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Camara has great pace and any teams with a slow set of defenders will struggle with him. But have to say I don't really rate him highly at all. I think he is a Championship player and that is all.
    He might prove me and many other people wrong but i suppose Wigan are struggling to sign players at the moment and any improvement on their current squad is a help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I understand the deal is on hold pending personal terms being sorted out to everyones satisfaction. I think Wolves may be glad to see the back of him.

Won't stay, does'nt quite go! I thought Celtic would put an offer in last season.

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    I understand the deal is on hold pending personal terms being sorted out to everyones satisfaction. I think Wolves may be glad to see the back of him.

Won't stay, does'nt quite go! I thought Celtic would put an offer in last season.

Mike.
    Yeah I thought he did well enough at Celtic, was it 8 goals in 16 starts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Yeah I thought he did well enough at Celtic, was it 8 goals in 16 starts?

Celtic have been a bit of a mystery in the transfer market for the last few years.
    They got Bellamy on loan last year and Camara, but have struggled to get any big names in.

Nakumura is their biggest signing in a while.

Where does all their champions league money go?

Now Sky are reporting that the move looks like falling through because he hasn't been able to reach personal terms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

He's bad luck I tells ya ! , every English team to sign him has gone down .
    If Wigan sign him they will be next :eek: .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Looks like the deals off..

from; http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=296288&CPID=8&CLID=&lid=2&title=Wigan+pull+plug+on+Camara+deal&channel=football_home
    Wigan look to have pulled out of a deal for Henri Camara.

The newly promoted Premiership outfit agreed terms with Wolves earlier this week, but talks with the Senegalese international did not go well.

Latics boss Paul Jewell now says he is looking at other targets with Everton's Marcus Bent strongly linked.

"There was no problem over the fee, but Camara's personal terms are out of our reach," said Jewell.

"We are simply not in a position to offer him what he wants, so the deal is dead and we are looking elsewhere."

Despite Jewell's comments, Camara's agent Willie McKay says the move is still on - although he has other options even if he does not move to Wigan.

"We are not far away in terms of what we want and I am waiting for Wigan to come back to me," said McKay.

"If they play Henri down the middle for one season they will stay up. He is ready to score 20 goals next season.

"But he will be going somewhere, don't you worry about that.

"I am speaking to six other interested clubs and they all fancy him."

It was also reported Wigan had failed to agree personal terms with Norwich's Damien Francis - but Jewell says a deal for the midfielder is nearly done.

"I've had a call from the player's agent to say the lad wants to sign and he'll be coming up to to complete the deal I hope.

"I'm a big believer that a deal isn't done until it's actually done, but all the signs are positive at this moment in time."

Especially like this bit;
    "If they play Henri down the middle for one season they will stay up. He is ready to score 20 goals next season."

Confidence or what! I do like him though, if he could just finish a little bit better he'd be class. Remember the promoted season with wolves? Made himself so many chances and then put them just wide and off the posts/crossbar over and over again! if he could just sort that out he'd be class! Remember him in that charity match? The Europe V World game where he was on Ronaldinho's team and was amazing!

Advertisement