Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thatcher, The Beatles, International History & Cork

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭LordCran

You're forgetting every film the Marx Bros. ever made, except for the bits where someone's singing. Anyway Dave, there is a story behind my Thatcher-Theory, and it goes like this:
    Dave was trying to find some way to tie... it in with his project on the Spanish Civil War (we had an unwritten, but oft spoken rule that she had to be in every project). He suggested that she wasn't born yet, and I pointed out that she was never born, but created in a cataclysm of fire and earth.
    I now have a further explanation, which also ties her in with my First World War project:
    Under the Treaty of Versailles, Germany had to demilatarise (however you spell it). They fired all their remaining shells at one point, and where the shells hit it, the ground opened up, and The Milk-Snatching, Tank-Driving Former Prime Minister rose up out of the ground. She killed all the witnesses but one, Denis Thatcher. She married him and stole his surname.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

Laurel and Hardy are funnier than the Marx brothers. Having said that, i am something of a Marxist of the Groucho variety.
    And does anyone else notice that Margaret Thatcher is popping up more often than usual?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

I like films where people fall over unexpectedly.

I sometimes imagine that these "people" are Margaret Thatcher.

I laugh.

Then worry that she won't get up, and that I've caused the death of a feeble old woman who has, if nothing else, earned the right to die in her bed.

Oh god!

I think she should die in her tank, while running over young schoolchildren. It's how she wants to go, i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Desmoulins

Jack Lynch wrote:
    I think she should die in her tank, while running over young schoolchildren. It's how she wants to go, i think

She died as she would have wished, killing the innocent, and causing mass misery...many of you don't know me, but I'm her baker...

• Advertisement

She died? And you're her baker? This one went over my head

Confusing indeed...
    And perhaps Mr. Lynch would like to post the story of his and Naomi's wonderful performance in the wheelbarrow race, to save himself the embarrasment of discovering that I've posted in graphic detail, as I did on Steve's site. But worse. Much worse...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Desmoulins wrote:
    many of you don't know me, but I'm her baker...

Ho ho ho. I get in-jokes!

Let's play internet-air-ludo.

In-jokes you say? "I" you say?
    I'm now confused. My grammar all over the place is. Yoda I have become.

Worthy of typing the name Yoda, you shall never be. Greatest of all Jedi, he was. Use a comma, you didn't. For shame, for shame.

• Advertisement

Just as you shall never be worthy of typing Éamonn De Valera, or any variation on his name. We're talking about him in History now, and I keep thinking of him dressed as a "lady of the night" and saying "There's no need for obsceneties." Classic...
    Lest I forget... You're not worthy of typing the name Naomi either, you nazi slug!

I would like to apologise for my comment there. I have managed to talk (well, text) some sense into Kevin. If anyone wants to know what that was all about, PM me.

You have a pretty high opinion of yourself, boy. It wasnt you who clarified things at all. And there's no need to speak in metaphors all the time

Well, I understood the situation at least. And who did clarify things? Were you visited by three ghosts by any chance?

Advertisement