Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monkey Island DS

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just the excuse I need to finally finish that game. What do you need to run homebrew software on the DS? Is there a flash card already available for it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Im not sure what the current situation is TBH. You used to have to have a PassMe then sombody made a WiFiMe but you need a specfic WiFi card. Then they figured out how to flash the Firmware using either the PassMe or WiFiMe. AFAIK the flashing then lets you run stuff without the Pass/WiFiMe stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You need a PassMe (http://www.dspassme.com/) or a WiFiMe (http://www.aaronrogers.com/nintendods/wifime.php)

Its still early days with ScummDS (buggy, no sound), but it looks like development is going at a good rate. A PassMe/WifiMe could be a good investment a few months down the road.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

excellent, i love that game. had it, still have it actually on the atari st somewhere in the attic...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

i'd really like it if they made 'day of the tentalce' for the ds.It would suit it perfect the touch screen would really come in handy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I have a version of SCUMMVM that runs on my P900 phone. It works great, I played all the way thourgh Monkey Island and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. And the touch screen system works really well.

Some of the games that run in SCUMMVM are now abandonware and you freely download the likes of Beneath a Steel Sky and Flight of the Amazon Queen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I was reading up on that yesterday. Looks like the guy is only porting the SCUMM part of the ScummVM engine....I really hope he eventually includes other engines as I want to play BASS on my DS!

Advertisement