Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone ringing once every few minutes

Options
  • 02-08-2005 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

have NTL 3MB with Blueface ATA

The NTL modem is connected to my 3com router which has 4 pcs and the ata device hanging off it. When the comps are on, the phone rings once every couple of minutes?

Anyone else come across this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

logic wrote:
    have NTL 3MB with Blueface ATA

The NTL modem is connected to my 3com router which has 4 pcs and the ata device hanging off it. When the comps are on, the phone rings once every couple of minutes?

Anyone else come across this?

I had this as well and it indicates that you have an unread voicemail on Blueface voicemail server.

Dial in and read the voicemail and it will stop - thanks to Aaron for that one ...

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

know of anyway to check it remotely, tried hitting the # key on the vm but didn't prompt me to log in

its ok i found it, cheers

01-4361720 - Check Blue Face voicemail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

logic wrote:
    its ok i found it, cheers

01-436xxxx- Check Blue Face voicemail

Is that your number above? You may want to edit that.

no, thats just the general mailbox number, its listed on the blueface support site.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

paulm17781 wrote:
    Is that your number above? You may want to edit that.

No its not his number :)
    01-4361720 is the number you can use to check your blueface voicemail when not at home, of course a much cheaper option when you are at home is to dial 171 as its freephone :D

To be honest I find the feature of my phone ringing every min when I have a unread voicemail very annoying, thankfully I don't get many people leaving voicemails.

logic wrote:
    no, thats just the general mailbox number, its listed on the blueface support site.

I assumed you just called your own number. That's good to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

As Cabaal said - dial 171 to check your voicemail for free (and set your messages etc.); you're prompted for your mailbox number (your extension) and your password.

My Grandstream 486 ATA has a light that flashes to let me know that I have a voicemail waiting. It also has an option "SUBSCRIBE for MWI*" that I can turn on/off to determine whether or not it will check if I have a message waiting.
    As for the phone ringing every minute - absolute head wrecker :mad:

The Sipura has a "VMWI Serv" setting - presumably this does the same thing.

causal

*Message Waiting Indication

Yeah, every hour sounds a lot less irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

Cabaal wrote:
    No its not his number :)
    01-4361720 is the number you can use to check your blueface voicemail when not at home, of course a much cheaper option when you are at home is to dial 171 as its freephone :D

To be honest I find the feature of my phone ringing every min when I have a unread voicemail very annoying, thankfully I don't get many people leaving voicemails.

Aaron told me that he can turn this off if you want - just e-mail him

• Advertisement
Advertisement