Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Let the mind-games begin

• 02-08-2005 1:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

Less than two weeks left until kick-off to the new season, and the mind-games have begun. Chelsea have started it, no doubt Wenger and Fergie will pitch their two cents soon enough.
    Chelsea captain John Terry believes Patrick Vieira's departure from Arsenal gives them an advantage in the title race.

Vieira left Arsenal for Juventus earlier this summer in a £13.75 million move.

Terry believes Arsenal will miss the Frenchman and feels his absence can only boost Chelsea's hopes of retaining The Premiership.

"He (Vieira) is obviously going to be a big miss," said Terry.

"Arsene Wenger has got some great young players who can step into the hole and maybe as good as him one day but I think initially they will miss him."

Terry is also keen for Chelsea to set down a marker for the new season by beating Arsenal in this weekend's Community Shield.

The England international believes it is important for Chelsea to gain an early psychological edge over Arsenal.

"We didn't beat Arsenal last year despite winning the title and to get a win under our belts would be the perfect way to get one up on them," added Terry.

"We feel really sharp, the training has been good and we all have the same attitude as last season."

Then there is Kenyon:
    Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon has openly taunted title rivals Arsenal and Manchester United by insisting The Blues will make the chase for this season's Premiership crown a one-horse race.

Kenyon has somewhat contemptuously predicted that the champions this season will 'come from a small group of one'.

Indeed, former Manchester United man Kenyon is so confident of retaining the title that he is already talking about the effect it will have on Chelsea as a club.

"The winner of the Premier League will come from a small bunch of one," Kenyon told Chelsea TV.

"There will be another two that are trying to compete against us and then I'm sure there'll be another couple out there who are trying to put pressure on those two."

Referring to Chelsea defending their title, he continued: "I think it (title defence) will put us on to another level because we'll be one of the few clubs that have done it.

"But I think it also says how we are progressing and continuing to progress as a football team and a football club.

"I think it will be another quantum leap for us and I'm fully expecting it."

Kenyon's words are sure to irk at both Old Trafford and Highbury, especially given as he has already recently accused both clubs of being 'jealous' of Chelsea's new-found wealth and success.

Comments

Advertisement