Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Im doing Yore Ma

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Trojan wrote:
    Mindphuck, go back to the CS board where you belong.

Hehe. thats still so funny. Stephen, Trojan is just quoting a quake noob who didn't knew I played Quake and when I was replying to a topic he goes 'go back to the CS forumn you muppet' or something along those lines, classic! :) If I could find the tread, i'd post it here.

Lads, lets clear up all this crapola once and for all. This is myth control time -

Mickah wrote:
    I thought it was Carnate (Ray) who beat the shi.t outta kids at LANs
    Carnate said he was gonna have words with Daa(aka walt) at QP. He didn't. In fact, he never laid his hands on anyone and if he did hit ya, you would know about it. Have you seen the size of this guy? Anyway, hes a gental giant.

Jaden wrote:
    I thought it was MP who mistook some kid for Daaa (aka Walt0r) at QP2?
    Sico wrote:
    Also Zero, wha...

The thing with Daa (aka walt) was with Zero. Daa was giving it lots to Zero about his GirlFriend, so when confronted by Zero at QP, he suddenly was all very nice and nothing happened. They kissed and made up.

Jaden wrote:
    I also remember a fisticuffs developing between two Quake players at SuttyLAN in Dun Laorighe (sic). I think it was Carnate and someone else, possibly everyone's favourite rocket muppet, Sam.

Nothing happened at SuttyLan that I can remember, the only really noticable thing at that lan from my perverted memory was the lads shouting down onto the street at two chicks going 'get them out for the boys'.. and they did! :)

One thing that did almost come to fistycuffs was when myself and Shinji had words over ****e that was said on the boards, it was nothing more than heated words and nothing happened other than Devore Jumping in between the two of us, like something out of a movie, and shouting 'Not at my Lan!!!'. Another classic Line :)

Another thing that happened is I did have a bit of a conversation with someone who got very pissed off at me at one of the trinity colleage lans. I wont mention any names, but it stems back to the FTI Lan. No blows, he just had words and I told him where to get off. This was mainly because I shagged his x-girlfriend a couple of times. hey, I didn't know she was his girl... Honestly ;)

All in all, I don't ever remember a physicial fight at any Lan that I was ever at, and Ive been to alot of lans. Some heated words, but hey, people have disagreements, but thats just the way of things.

Besides, can we get back on topic please. My maaa would kick the ****e out of the lot of ya!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Give me speculation and conjecture over facts anyday!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

So what's the best, funniest and worst lan you've been at MP?

And my ma is a monster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Random w00tage!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Ah!! Radndom funky 500th postage!! Its consuming me its consuming me oh god oh god wheres my shotgun where is it! Someone for the love of god give me a shotgun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

Display eric :) Just like ure quaking skillz ;)

Nex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭walt0r

I never got into an altercation with Zero. It was Ste-the-bee who was mistaken for Chrome in the toilets. Zero went for Ste but then realised it was the wrong guy :)
    Carnate has attacked people at lans. When I was 12 years of age he man handled me by pulling me off my chair at QP.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Must...not...post....pic.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I am only posting here for the sake of nostalgia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

That's the only reason this board exists ;)

[Insert offensive ma-related comment]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

MindPhuck wrote:

Nothing happened at SuttyLan that I can remember, the only really noticable thing at that lan from my perverted memory was the lads shouting down onto the street at two chicks going 'get them out for the boys'.. and they did! :)

One thing that did almost come to fistycuffs was when myself and Shinji had words over ****e that was said on the boards, it was nothing more than heated words and nothing happened other than Devore Jumping in between the two of us, like something out of a movie, and shouting 'Not at my Lan!!!'. Another classic Line :)

Was that not ShadowLan? Don't remember anything happening either except Slaan emerging from the toilet up the top (which even the NetHouse staff didn't know existed) covered in someone elses vomit. Also Kharn and was it you MP, trying to get themselves banned out of every chatroom they could find on IRC at four in the morning?

Now you and Shinji and DeVores intervention was bloody priceless. Had a ring side seat for that :D

FTI had to be the funniest lan though. 15+ pcs running off one cable, in a marquee, in the pouring rain. Sonic on the ground among all the wires, I was convinced he was going to die. Tomb kept getting shocked off his keyboard and then all the power went and we had to listen to the fire-alarm going off for hours! Good hot-dogs though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Howdy Too-Loose. Long time no smell.

It was me Kharn and Trojan trying to get G-Lined from every IRC node we could find, but using Nicks that people has left themselves logged in as. I remember something about "Hot Love Sausages" being used alot.

I think Slaan was on the Bog when someone ran in, with the intention of puking into the jacks, and getting Slann in the lap instead. Maybe Slann puked on himself, I wouldn't put it past him. I do know for certain that the puke smelled of Tequila.

I also remember Sam being pissed, and watching some other guys PC, saying "Man that guy is good", only to realise the chap was playing a recoreded demo of Sam himself.

FTI was funny. I was sitting next to Chaos playing away, and he fell asleep, bolt upright, hand on mouse, while waiting for the RA to respawn on DM3. It was just that kind of LAN. Didn't someones monitor blow up from condensation/dew?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

You guys remember wayyyy too much. I have a vague recollection of puke on my sleeve or something. I also remember at ShadowLAN the heckling that went on from the top window to people on the streets. "Get yer tits out for the lads" was shouted alot, low and behold someone actually did.

Great times ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Mouserat

Maximilian wrote:
    I am only posting here for the sake of nostalgia.

young pup

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I remember beating the ****e out of Slaanesh in some quake tourney in 2000. Although I may have that backwards.

Advertisement